28. Best Night Ever

Leonard's mom, looking very nervous, says, "Leonard, honey, please sit down." He makes an attempt to dodge the situation by saying, "Sorry mom, it's been a long day and I have some homework I need to finish up real quick. You saw my grades, I'm doing better. But in order to keep doing better, I gotta finish that stuff so.." He starts walking away, and his mom comes up and pushes him over. The water on the top of his head pours out, and he's unable to move. His mom picks him up, and sets him on the couch. Vera smiles at you, and pats the seat next to her. She hands you a cup of tea. Leonard's mom asks you, "What was your name again sweetie?" "(Y/N).." "Well, (Y/N), Ms. Oberlin here tells me that Leonard has been taking advantage of you, is this true?" You look at Leonard, who mouths 'no' to you. Vera puts her hand on your knee. "This is a safe space (Y/N), you can tell the truth." You look back at Leonard's mom and say, "Yes." She looks at Leonard disapprovingly. "What else were you saying Ms. Oberlin?" "I was also saying that your son is constantly antagonizing a friend of mine. Her name is Zoe, and she is transgender. She used to be an it, but now she's a girl. He refuses to acknowledge that, deadnames her constantly, and actively bullies her because of it." "Do you have any proof?" Vera pulls a laptop out of her bag. When she opens it, there are tabs to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Tumblr. They are all pulled up to alternate accounts of Leonard. Vera hands his mother the laptop, and she scrolls through all of it. She sees post after post of transphobia, misogyny, hate, and bad words. Shocked at one of the posts, she basically screams, "What the hell is this?!" She turns the laptop around to show a #WhiteLivesMatter post. "You're not even white, you're a kappa! And what about this?" She shows another post that explains the pros of straight pride. "You are allowed to not be attracted to guys, but there is no reason for you to create things that will hurt others. I cannot believe this behavior, is there anything else I should know about?" Leonard says, "No, that's all." Vera says, "Ma'am, do kappas have any dream abilities? Like how to make bad dreams go away, perhaps?" You look at Vera. Crap.. If she finds out Leonard never said that, she might find out about the video. Leonard's mom answered, "No, that's ridiculous! Who said that?" "(Y/N) said that's what Leonard said. And that's why (Y/N) spends so much time with him, because he said he can help. But I guess not." Leonard jumps in to say, "I never said that! I.... Ahhhh. Mom, I'm already in trouble, can you put some water back in my head so I can move again?" She does, and as soon as Leonard gets his movement back, he takes out his phone. "If you think you're getting away with this (Y/N), you're wrong! Watch this, Vera!" You try to take his phone away, but he pulls it away from you. Vera watches the entire video, beginning to end. His mother then yanks his phone away from him. "IS THIS BLACKMAIL?! LEONARD CORNELIUS FERNBY, HOW DARE YOU? You would go so far as to make someone miserable and scared just to get what you want?!" Leonard tries to explain himself, "Listen, I-" "No! Not. Another. Word. You are gonna leave these people alone. You will delete your hateful accounts. You will be grounded for a long time. No computer, no phone, no electronics, nothing. And you will repay (Y/N) here for everything. I bet you didn't even buy all those things in those bags huh?" Leonard shakes his head 'no'. She turns to you. "Don't you worry, my son will pay back every single cent he owes you. Would you like to charge monthly interest?" You nod your head. "Okay! Well! Thank you two for bringing these matters to my attention, I will also alert his father of what he's done. If there is nothing else, you may leave." Vera thanks her for her time, and the two of you leave.

You should be happy. Leonard finally got what he deserves. But Vera saw the video. You can't read her face. You can't tell how she feels. As soon as the two of you get in her car, she starts laughing hysterically. "Did you see him?! He nearly pissed himself when she started yelling! I bet he's never been yelled at before. Ahhh. It feels good to see him suffer." You continue to stare at your lap in silence. Vera starts the car, and starts driving. As you gather your thoughts, you say, "I'm.. Sorry Vera.. For everything I said in that video.." Vera chuckles again. "(Y/N), that was the second best part of the night. I should be thanking you with how funny that was." "You thought that was funny?" "Oh yeah, of course! I bet the others got a kick out of it, too." "The.. Others?" "Ooohhh, yeah! You see this necklace?" Vera points to a beautiful blue necklace you've never seen before. "This.. Is a secret camera. I was recording the whole thing." "Recording?! Why?!" "So we could get Leonard's sorry little ass in trouble, and a recording of it! We'll be laughing at that for years to come." "So.. Everyone saw me say the things I said?" "Yeah. Which reminds me." Vera pulls over for a second. She faces you, and hits on the back of the head. "Next time your being blackmailed, tell me! I'll take care of it and I won't even need to know the blackmail material." "So the blackmail initially had nothing to do with what happened today?" "Nope. Actually, Scott told me. He said Leonard was making you do things against your will, and since he knew I was heading over here, he thought I could do something about it." On one hand, you told Scott not to tell anyone, but on the other hand, Vera wouldn't have done something about it otherwise. It's impossible to be angry or upset with him for this. Vera continues driving and you make it to her house.

After you two enter the door, Zoe tackles you both into a hug. "Oh my gosh you guys! Thank you thank you thank you so much!!" Zoe almost strangles you in her display of affection. "That privileged little asshole has finally gotten what he deserves!" After Zoe let's you go, you stand back up and notice everyone inside her house. There are chips and sodas out, and you can see what Vera's camera is picking up on the TV. You are handed a drink, and everyone talks about what Vera did and how she's a hero for the next few minutes. Once they calm down from the high, everyone immediately turns to look at you. Here it goes. Polly approaches you. "I can't believe you... Didn't show us that video sooner! That was the booomb!!" Everyone starts busting out laughing. Polly continues, "Calling Vera a bitch, daaamn! And saying Liam doesn't know shit, you are so right!" Liam says, "Hey! I-" Miranda then says, "And may I say, you do a beautiful impression of me! I have never been so flattered!" Zoe adds, "And me? Wow. It was like looking in a mirror." Everyone continues to laugh at what you said in the video. You laugh along with them, knowing how much they don't care. Vicky, Amira, Oz, and Brian are even a bit jealous you didn't say anything about them. After more time passes, Polly eventually mentions Damien. "The way you called him out! You are so confident aren't you?" "Not. At. All! I was just being a dumbass!" Everyone starts laughing. Brian puts his hand on your shoulder, and says, "Honestly though, you're a tough nut. I actually think you'd be able to take him." You start laughing, but no one else does. Vicky says, "We're serious." You look around at each person individually, and they all nod their head in agreement. They all laugh and smile and wink, and you start crying. Suddenly, everyone is surrounding you in a big group hug. You hear Scott say, "I told you. We're family. We all love you." Polly suddenly starts laughing. "And what you said about Scott! You -haha- You should have seen this -hehe- this guy here, he -ahaha- he got soooo -hehehe- his face -aaaaah- was priceless!!" You look back at Scott, and he's facing the ground. Amira puts her arm around your shoulder saying, "So? Do you know yet?" "Know what?" She winks, "How it feels to have that tounge all over your body." You and Scott both turn red at the same time, and everyone else goes 'ooooo'. Scott slowly approaches you, and kisses your head. Getting close to your ear, he says in a low tone, "You'll find out soon enough." At that point, you slowly sink to the floor. Everyone is laughing at you, and for once, it feels nice. You all spend the rest of the night together, laughing, playing games, and enjoying yourselves. You ordered pizza, and stayed up really late, despite the fact it was a school night. It eventually got so late, everyone spent the night at Vera's house. When you were the last one awake, you took a picture with everyone in it, and it became your new lock screen, with the caption 'best night ever'.