144. Rich Bitches

You walk at a quick pace down the hall as you follow Faith to who knows where. All you can think to do is catch up to her and apologize for what you've done. She suddenly takes a sharp turn into a bathroom, and you continue to follow her. As soon as you enter the bathroom, you can hear a few quiet sobs echo in the room. You walk over to the only shut stall door and give it a small knock. The sobs stop and only silence follows thereafter. You lean against the door and say, "Faith, I'm sorry about that. It's my first prom, and I was just following whatever Scott and Polly said. Which in hindsight, was a totally bad idea. I hope I didn't ruin your night, and I hope I can make it up to you..." The door opens, causing you to fall forward. You look up at Faith, who is still dripping, and stand back up. You start to repeat yourself, "Faith, I'm so so-" She cuts you off by putting her hand up. She speaks instead, saying, "It's okay, I'm not mad. In all honesty, I do enjoy some of Scott and Polly's less destructive pranks, and admittedly, I think that was a good one. But I'm in the same boat as you. This is my first-ever prom as well, and I guess I just wanted it to go perfectly. I was silly to have such high expectations." She looks down dejectedly, letting out another sigh. You act without thinking again, putting your hands up and grabbing her arms, channeling all your energy and focus into fixing things. You feel your hands getting warmer as Faith's body suddenly starts to dry off.

Not a moment later, the door bursts open. Valerie, Joy, and Hope rush in, with Vera, Amira, and Miranda behind them. You're pushed off to the side by the rest of the coven as they coddle Faith. Hope says, "What the hell did those idiots do now?" Joy says, "I swear to goddess, if they hurt you, I'm going to be casting such a nasty hex tonight." Faith sighs and says, "Girls, enough! I'm okay. They got me soaked, but (Y/N) helped me." They both sigh as well and glance at you with a smile. Joy says, "Well, if you're alright, and you still wanna be here, let's go dance." With a smile, the coven and Valerie leave.

After they're gone, Vera, Amira, and Miranda walk up to you. Vera says, "I think your first mistake was trusting some of the dumbest people in the school to show you how to have a good time." You sigh and nod, knowing that she's right. Miranda stands up beside you and puts her hand on your shoulder, "Oh, chin up, (Y/N), the night is still young! Why don't we show you how to have a grand time at the prom? Come along!" Miranda gracefully begins walking away, you, Vera, and Amira behind her.

The group of girls leads you up multiple sets of stairs until you all eventually get to the library. Upon entering, the music on the inside is much quieter and more classical, and all the students inside are dressed in more fancy tuxes and dresses. You ask, "So wait... Multiple different proms are going on around the school?" Vera nods, "Yeah. Some of the students here don't like to be surrounded by a bunch of loud, barfing idiots all night, so plenty of people gather here. Even if they just need to take a breather." You look around the room. There seem to be no chaperones, and everyone is well-mannered and still having a fun time. You walk around with your friends for a little bit, listening to them talk about their business ventures and stocks and the like. Vera pours all of you a glass of champagne, and you quickly down the whole thing. You get a few unwelcome stares from some people, so you just look down at your feet awkwardly.

A bit more time passes, and the doors suddenly open loudly, causing the sound to echo throughout the library. Your eyes light up as you see Dahlia walk in, her outfit looking beautiful. To your surprise, Dahlia just calmly joins the other participants in the room, chatting quietly about the goings on in their lives. You sigh in slight disappointment, having hopes that Dahlia would make things at least a bit more interesting. You look over to the side and see Amira sitting on a couch, staring blankly at the glass of champagne in her hand as she swirls it around. You go over to her and take a seat.

Amira smiles when she sees you. She says, "Hey there, how's your first prom going?" You chuckle awkwardly, "Well... So far, I've almost ruined a girl's night by soaking her, and then I was brought to the most boring part of prom. So not great, but it could be worse. How about you?" She lets out a loud groan, "Oh my god, I feel the same way! Like, yeah, this little thing going on in here is nice and all, and I'm glad to be able to spend some time with Vera, but it's like... Dragging on so bad... I wanna go out on the actual dance floor and get turnt up!" As she says that, multiple people glance at the two of you judgingly. She replies to their stares, "What? You got a problem with me?!" They all look away again. You ask, "Why don't you say anything to her?" She sighs, "I want to... But I don't know... I want her to like me just as much as I like her, but that's going to be hard if I'm not refined or elegant enough for her." The music in the room changes into a slow song. You give her a light-hearted chuckle. "But Amira, you asked Vera to go with you, and she said yes! So you know what you should do?" "What?" "Go ask her to dance!" She thinks for a second, looks down at her drink, chugs it all, and smiles. "You know what? I will!" She stands up, but Vera is already in front of her. Vera holds out her hand, asking, "May I have this dance?" Amira blushes and turns to you, and you gesture for her to go. She nods at you and is led to the dancefloor to dance with her date.