142. The Long Line

When you get back to the table, everyone is starting to stand up and gather their things to leave. Scott smiles and pats your back. "Hey! I paid for us! Are you ready to go?" "Wait, you did? I could've done it myself. I still have a bit of my allowance money left for it." "Well... The Wolfpack gave me some money too. They saved up for me to be able to go this year! They said they would've gotten me a new suit this year, but they're trying to learn how to manage their money properly, and I didn't want them to go through all the trouble." You gently take Scott's hand in your own, squeezing it lightly, "Thank you." He smiles, "Of course!"

Everyone exits the restaurant, going back to their cars. Still clinging to a drunken Polly, Vicky says, "Hey, let us take Polly. I'll be able to deal with her better." Polly giggles, "Thaaaanks, Vicky. Hey, can you do me a huge favor?" Vicky giggles as well and leads Polly to Oz's car. You and Scott get in his car and wait for a minute, expecting someone else to enter the car. Adding Polly to Oz's car makes 5 people in there, so it makes the most sense for someone else to come to his car. A few minutes later, however, the others have left. You say, "Huh, I guess we're good to go then." You feel Scott place his hand on your shoulder, and you turn to face him. He moves his hand to caress your face instead, and he leans in to kiss you. You barely have any time to reciprocate before he pulls away with a smile on his face. You chuckle awkwardly, "What was that for?" He smiles and starts driving out of the parking lot. He says, "I just... I've wanted to kiss you since I saw you today, and I thought that was a good time." "O-Oh. Uh... Cool." You sigh, as you don't know how else to respond. He clears his throat to get your attention, and you look over to see his hand being held out to you. You smile and blush deeper and grab it, intertwining your fingers together as he drives to school.

Once the school finally comes into view, it's all decorated for prom. There are balloons and streamers all over the front, as well as a few spotlights pointed at a sign that says, 'Monster Prom 20XX.' Scott takes a few minutes to find a good parking spot since a lot of them have been taken up by other attendants. When he finally finds one, he takes it right away. You both get out of the car, and he pulls out his phone. He puts it up to his ear and a few seconds later, says, "Hey! We just got here! Where are you guys?" You hear a muffled female voice on the other end. He replies, "Okay! See you soon!" He hangs up and puts his phone in his pocket, "They're waiting in line to enter. May I export you?" He holds his elbow out for you to cling onto. You chuckle and ask, "Do you mean escort me?" He goes cross-eyed for a second as he thinks, "Maybe?" You laugh again and say, "Yes, you may." He smiles and pumps his fist in the air in celebration. You rest your head against his arm as you both walk toward the entrance. There, you see a long line of people standing, waiting to get into the building. Towards the front of the line though, are all of your friends.  "Heyyyyy! Over heeeere!" Screams Zoe, waving her tentacle arm out for you to see. You and Scott walk over to them, cutting in front of plenty of people who start groaning. Vera looks back at them, her eyes glowing red and her hair hissing violently. They all shut up pretty quickly. You ask, "How did you guys get so far in the line? Did we take that long?" Miranda gleefully says, "No, no! Vera simply just threatened to turn them all into stone if they didn't let us cut in line! We, unfortunately, hit a bit of a roadblock. Miranda points in front of the group, and you see a gargoyle and a golem. You nod in understanding.

You all wait for a little while longer, and you're soon the next people at the entrance. Principle Giant Spider looks up at your group and lets out a long sigh. He says, "Alright, you... 12. Over here." He gestures you off to the side over to a table with a woman you've never seen before. PGS says, "For those who don't know, this is my good friend Miss Weaving, she is a director at Camp Spooky, and she will be checking on you all this year." Miss Weaving has a sinister smile on her face. She says, "I will have plenty of fun checking each of you." You whisper to Amira, "What's going on?" Amira just points at Polly, who is currently blowing a raspberry at Miss Weaving while Brian holds her back.

The first person to go up was Brian. Miss Weaving starts by inspecting his ticket to get inside closely, making sure that it's not fake. She then goes to pat him down, making sure he has nothing on him. She then takes out a metal detector and scans him as well. She pulls out a breathalyzer and uses it on him to make sure he's not drunk. He ends up clearing all the tests, and she moves on to the next one of you.

After about 20 minutes of Miss Weaving testing each of you, she's finally down to Polly. Miss Weaving turns over to the rest of your group and says, "Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention that if even one of you fails to pass, then none of you get to go inside. You instantly start feeling nervous, but then you feel Scott's hand on your shoulder again. You look up at him and he smiles at you, making you feel a little relaxed. Polly passes the ticket inspection, the patdown, and the metal detector. Lastly, there is the breathalyzer. Polly blows into it as instructed, and Miss Weaving looks at it, still with a sinister smile. The smile quickly fades, and she looks at Polly with a dumbfounded expression. Polly just smiles and shrugs. "I don't know what you were expecting, ma'am. I'm a good girl! Oh, and Principal Giant Spider said that you're a director at Camp Spooky? I've never been to camp! Maybe I'll see you this summer!" With a smug smile, you all head inside.

Once inside, you turn to Polly. "What the heck? You were all drunk before we got here! And where's the LSD?" Vicky comes up from behind Polly, pulling a baggie o little tablets out of her top. Polly smiles and takes it. "Wellllll... Here's the LSD, and as for the breathalyzer, I'm a ghost! I'm only corporeal when I want to be! I'm still figuring out how to control it, but I know how to control the air I don't breath!" She and your other friends laugh, even though you're still just as confused as before.