106. Emotional Support (Part 4)

The next day, as you walk into school, you notice Vicky sitting on a bench near the entrance. She had a lost look on her face, and she stared blankly at her phone. You walk over and slowly sit down next to her. "Good morning, Vicky. How are you?" She simply shrugs her shoulders, staying silent. You ask, "I-Is everything okay?" She says, "Yeah, I'm fine. I guess I was just lonely. Thanks for sitting with me!" She puts in a wide smile on her face, which makes you smile in return. "That's good. Where is everyone else anyway?" She sighs. "With their loved ones. Brian is with Damien, Oz with Zoe, and Amira with Vera. Speaking of, where is your special someone? I haven't seen him in forever." Your smile fades, but you soon smile again to reassure her. "I'm not sure. But I'm sure he's just busy, right?" Vicky's smile also starts to fade, and she starts to look worried. She leans forward and wraps her arms around you, and you happily accept the embrace. The bell rings, dismissing you to your classes.

Later at lunch, you sit with Vicky and Damien. Damien tells a hilarious story about his dads, which causes you and Vicky to erupt with laughter. Damien's wide grin soon goes away and he looks up past you. You turn around to see Brian, his hands in his pockets, looking down at the ground. He goes around the table and stands by Damien. He says, "Hey, babe.. Uh.. I wanted to talk.. To you.." Damien looks over in Brian's general direction. Brian continues, "Listen, Dame. I.. I love you. A-And I'm sorry if that's not what you want to hear, but.. It's the truth. And.." Brian bends down and grabs Damien's hands. He gets down on one knee, and Vicky grips your arm as the three of you watch. Damien says, "B-Bri? What the fuck are you doing?" Brian clears his throat and says, "Damien LaVey, the hottest demon I've ever met.. It wood do me a great honor if.. You were to attend the Monster Prom with me, as my spicy red date." A dumbstruck look spreads across Damien's face, which quickly turns to anger. He knees Brian in the chin and stands up. "Brian, what the fuck?! I thought you were gonna propose or some shit!" Brian wipes a bit of blood off of his lip. "No! The fuck? We're in high school! It's way too soon! So like, what do you say?" Damien's angered expression turns dumbstruck again, and then he slowly smiles. "Fucking dumbass. Yeah, I'll go to prom with you." Damien helps Brian up, and the two embrace. You smile at them and say, "Well, Vicky. It's another match ma-" You look to the side and see Vicky's not there. You look around the cafeteria and your eyes land on her, exiting the room. You get up and go after her.

You rush out into the hallway, and see her walking down it, turning into a bathroom. You follow her and enter it as well, and you can hear her shaky breaths. You see her feet under a stall. You call out to her, "Vicky? Are you okay? What happened?" You nervously hold your hands together, worried that your invasiveness may make her more upset. You hear all the sounds she's making stop, and she replies in a shaky voice. "I-I-I'm f-fine.. Alright?" You swallow nervously before saying, "Come out.. A-And say it to my face.." From underneath the stall, you can see her standing up, and you hear the sound of the latch unlocking it. She opens the door slowly, causing a creaking sound. A few tears are welled up in her eyes. She doesn't say anything, but instead grabs your body, and hugs you tightly. "I-I'm sorry.." You're surprised by the sudden change in mood, but you still wrap your arms around her, trying to comfort her as best you can. "What happened?" "N-Nothing, it's stupid.." "If it's making you cry, it's not stupid." She steps away and folds her arms over her chest. "I'm just.. Jealous." As she says that, you suddenly realize how much sense it makes. "Oh, Vicky.. I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were upset." "I didn't either, until it just hit me that I'm the only one who doesn't have a date."

You give her a few minutes to calm down, and she wipes the tears form her eyes. She steadies her breathing and begins speaking again. "I really am happy for all of you. You and Scott, Oz and Zoe, Amira and Vera, Brian and Damien. You're all so lucky you have these people in your lives. It's just that.. It's almost a little discouraging to see you guys all happy together. I.. I'm sorry, that probably sounds super selfish.." You sigh lightly, and step forward, giving her another hug. "It's okay, Vicky. I understand where you're coming from." "You do?" "Yeah.. I used to be really jealous of my friends who were in relationships. I was even jealous of people I hated who were in relationships. I always thought.. I would die alone," you chuckle, "isn't that ridiculous?" Vicky chuckles as well. You put your hand on her shoulder and smile at her. "You are the smartest person I know. Literally. You've been the top of every class, every year, ever since people knew you. You're also insanely beautiful, fun, and caring. I don't know who, and I don't when, but I do know that you will find someone who loves you just as much as you do them." Vicky smiles again. "Thanks (Y/N).. I think you're the nicest person I know." You blush from embarrassment, but happily accept the compliment. The bell rings, dismissing the students from lunch.

The rest of the day passes by normally. On your walk home, it begins to sprinkle. The pleasant smell of rain fills the air, making you smile a little. You get home, and the rain begins steadily getting harder over the next few hours. You sit in your room, occasionally watching the rain pour outside. Not long later, your mom pounds on your door. "(Y-Y-Y/N)! One of th-those things are at the door! G-Get rid of it!" You sigh and open the door to your room. You walk past your mom, who looks nervous. You clutch onto your hoodie tightly as you put your hand on the doorknob, still nervous to be answering the door. Lightning flashes outside, and extremely loud thunder follows quickly. You turn the doorknob and open the door. Loud sobbing is heard, and you look down to see Scott, in the fetal position, his hands covering his ears because of the thunder.