138. The Arguement

When you walk inside your front door, your mother immediately asks you about your day. "Hi, sweetie! How was your day?" "It was okay." With a smile, she replies, "That's good. So tomorrow, since there's nothing important going on, I was thinking, what if we had a movie night?" You feel a bit of pain in your heart as she says nothing important is going on. Prom has always been a big deal for monsters, so there's no reason she wouldn't know about it. She's just trying to get under your skin, and it's working. You say, "Actually, the Monster Prom is tomorrow." "Oh yeah, that. Well, no matter. It's not like you're going anyway, so there's nothing to worry about. So... A movie?" You hesitate to answer her question for a moment. You don't want to watch a movie. You want to go to prom. You ask, "Why can't I go?" She sighs, "(Y/N), honey, we've been through this before. They're nothing but a bunch of degenerates, lowlife scum, and I don't want you associating with those kinds of people. They've already brainwashed you against me, and I don't want things to get worse." "The only thing that's gonna make things worse is you restricting me from doing the things that I want! I want to have a normal social life, I want to be able to see my friends, and I want to go to prom!" "Well, that's too bad! I am the parent, you live in my house, so you will follow my rules! You do not talk to me that way, you listen to what I tell you, and you do not go to that gathering of hoodlums and scumbags! You are my child, start acting like someone I can be proud of! Ever since you started going to that damn school, you've been doing nothing but lashing out and overreacting!" "Hey! I have been behaving, and doing my best, and having the time of my life at school! The people like me way more there than they have anywhere else! That school is the only place I have ever felt happy!" Your mom gasps, "What?! Excuse me? I have done nothing but care for you, feed you, and raise you, and love you, and this is the thanks I get? Being told that you've never been happy?" "Yes, mom! All those things you've done are the bare minimum! You've never supported me or my friends or my interests, you've never gotten me the help I need, and any time I did something you didn't like, you'd get mad and punish me!" "Do you think it's easy being a single mother? Especially when you live your life knowing that one of your children is dead, all because of another man you fell in love with and his deplorable actions? You should be grateful that you're even alive right now, he could have killed you!" "Well sometimes, I wish he did! Then at least I wouldn't be here! At least then I could still be with Acasius!" "Do not say his name in this house! You barely even knew him!" "And that makes my feelings illegitimate?! I barely knew Dad, and I was still devastated to find out he died!" "Oh, who cares that he died? He's a disgusting monster!" "SO AM I! IF HE DESERVED TO DIE FOR BEING A DISGUSTING MONSTER, THEN SO DO I! RIGHT?!" "Honey, it's different for you." She reaches forward to grab your arm, but you pull yourself away. "No, it's not, mom. Fuck you. Fuck you and all the shit you've put me through. Fuck you and everything you've ever done. I hate you." She looks hurt at first, and then she looks angry. She calmly points in the direction of your room, "Go to your room. You're never leaving it again." Clenching your fists, you calmly say, "Gladly," and you walk to your room.

When you get there, you slam your door shut. You sit down on your bed and begin to cry into the palms of your hands. Everything hurts. When you pull your hands away from your face, you see they're stained with blood. You look at your whole arm, seeing multiple gashes up and down both of them. You sigh and go to the bathroom to shower before wrapping them up in bandages. By the time you've finished that, you've started to calm your crying down a bit, but your blood is still boiling. You can't stay here anymore. You have to escape. You need to leave.

After finishing up in the bathroom, you go back to your room, grabbing the suitcase you leave under your bed for when you take long trips to see your aunt. You get into your dresser and grab as many changes of clothes as you can fit in the suitcase, which is enough for six days. With the few plastic bags around your room, you also grab other things you'll need. In one bag you put your toiletries in. In another, you pack some electronics, like your phone charger, a game console from when you were young, and as many games as you could fit. Lastly, you grab your backpack for school and stuff it with as many things as you can.

About an hour later, you're all out of places to keep your things. You've used up a total of one suitcase, four plastic bags, and your backpack to keep everything in. The last thing you need is a place to stay. You get your phone out and scroll through your contacts. You think for a little while about who you should call. The only issue is you're stuck between either calling Stan or Lucien. 'It doesn't matter, just pick one,' you tell yourself. But you still can't help but overthink it. Stan is the nicer one, but Lucien is the smarter one. You end up calling Stan, figuring that he would be easier to talk to.

As the ringing tone plays in your ear, you clench your shirt tightly, suddenly feeling nervous again. you hear it pick up, and on the other end, you hear, "Hello?" The smooth voice on the other end was not Stan's. Instead, it was Lucien who picked up the phone, making your earlier thought process useless. With a shaky tone in your voice, you say, "U-Um... Hi, Mr. LaVey. I-I was just wondering... If I-I was still allowed... To l-live with you?"