16. The Game (Part 1)

You asked Vera if she could pick you up for the game later that night. She replied quickly, and told you she would, right after she got Polly. You told her she could just come up to your house, instead of just down the street. She came about an hour early, and when she noticed there was no car in your driveway, she pulled in. She knocked on the door, and you opened it with caution. After seeing it was them, you opened the door completely, allowing Vera and Polly in. Polly makes her way into your kitchen as Vera asks, "So what about your mom?" Smiling, you say to her, "She has a business trip to go on, so I'm free for the next two weeks." Polly screams "Aww hellll yeah!" as she comes back into the living room drinking from a flask. Vera, angered by Polly's actions, says, "Polly! What the hell? You just barge into someone's house and take their alcohol?" Polly smiles and shrugs her shoulders as she floats out of the room and into the basement, saying "weeeeeeeee!" You quizzically look at Vera. "Uggh. She's already had 2 bottles of wine tonight, and we're still hours away from the party." A horrible realization struck over you as she said that. You completely forgot about the party. You and Vera search downstairs for Polly, and you ask about it in the process. "Do you think I'll be okay at the party?" "Well, yeah, if you-" Suddenly, Polly bursts out of the washing machine in Vera's face. "Hell yeah, buddy! I bet you'll be HILARIOUS after that first joint!" Polly laughs like a madman before disappearing again. Vera sighs and continues, "If you just focus on your friends, I'm willing to bet you'll be okay. Just think of what Polly would and then don't do that." You two head back upstairs to find Polly again and you see she's rooting around in your fridge. "Polly let's go, the game is gonna start soon." "Can we pick up beer on the waaaay?" Vera nods, and Polly throws her hands up in the air, and goes out to Vera's car. You get in the front seat, and Vera gets in the driver's seat. She presses a button, which opens the sunroof, and Polly sticks her body outside, shouting, "Onwards, to adventure!!" You chuckle at her actions and the three of you start driving off. You make a stop for more drinks like Polly wanted and go to the stadium.

Vera parks in the parking lot and the three of you make your way towards a crowd of people. Vera grabs your shoulder and tells you to stay close. The three of you force your way through the people until you get to the front of the crowd, where you see the rest of your friends waiting. Vicky is the first to notice you, and says, "(Y/N)? How did you get here?" "My mom went on a business trip for two weeks, so I'm free till then!" Your small group of friends cheered you on, knowing the things that you deal, and you feel good. More people around you start cheering, and you look over, seeing the football team running out. You see multiple people putting their hands out to give the team high fives for motivation. Amira grabs you, puts you in front of the group, and points at Scott. He notices this, and shouts, "(Y/N)!" He gravitates towards you and you extend your arm. He slaps your hand hard. It stings really bad, but still feels good. The rest of the players on both teams enter the field and the game starts. As much as you want to watch Scott, you don't really have a lot of interest in football. Luckily, your friends don't either. So, you all split up into groups to do your own thing. Vera, Calculester and Miranda go off somewhere to place bets (Calculester getting tricked into doing so). Vicky, Zoe, and Liam decide to watch the game, for different reasons. Vicky actually likes watching, Zoe something sweaty something something fanfiction, and Liam needs to make #bored posts on Instagram. However, you decide to go with Polly, Oz, and Amira to do god knows what.

The four of you start at the concession stand to get some cheetos, a 'Polly approved snack for when you're baked'. She buys a bag, and then throws it away because she can't eat them. Polly pulls out another joint, and puts it up to Amira's hair, lighting it. Amira grabs it from her and smokes it herself. Polly whines, "Amiraaaaaaa, that's miiiiiiinnnne!!" "You have more, don't you?" With a pouty face, Polly takes out another one, and lights it. Amira takes that one too, and says "Hey, (Y/N), you want in on this?" You hesitate at first.. "I don't know.. I've never done it before.." "Don't worry, it's easy." The three of them are smiling, inviting you to the high life. "Okay.. I guess one won't hurt.." You take it and smoke it, it doesn't taste good, or bad. It feels.. Nice? Polly chuckles, and you give her a confused look. To answer your confusion, she says, "You said one. Haha.. ONE. Oh god! (Y/N), you are going to a Polly Party!!!(tm)!! There is no such thing as ONE HIT!! AHAHA!" You look at Amira, who is also smiling widely. Oz puts they're hand on your shoulder, and says, "It's true." You look at the joint in your hand, and start laughing. Polly and Amira laugh harder, and even Oz begins to chuckle. Afterwards, the four of you begin walking around the stadium. At one point, you heard the announcers mention Scott. Hearing his name makes you think of him again, and you can feel the butterflies. Polly and Amira lean toward the field, and chant "S-C-O-T-T!! TAKE US ALL TO VICTORY!!" in unison. They chant a few times, and Polly nudges you, encouraging you to cheer along. You join them, and when he finally understands you're spelling out HIS name, he turns to the four of you, and gives you a big thumbs up. Once you finally stop, you hear someone. "I thought it sounded 10 times more pathetic than normal." After you turn around, you see a boy, along with two girls. After realizing who they are, you look at the score board in horror. Tonight, Spooky High is playing against your old school, and your guilt has come back to haunt you.