90. Mawmaw

You look at the hospital in confusion. "Why are we here?" Damien avoids eye contact and says, "Just come inside." You unbuckle your seat belt and follow Damien through the front doors of the hospital. He steps up to the counter, to the lady working there. Your heart drops when you hear what he says. "I'm here for Howl." "I'm sorry sir, but visiting hours are over," she says. "Yeah, well, I'm the prince of Hell, and I can do whatever the hell I want, so I want to see Howl." "I'm sorry sir, but-" Damien cuts her off by snapping his fingers and creating a fireball in his hands, "But what?" he says intimidatingly. "N-Nevermind. She's in room 327." Damien turns and walks off, you following close behind him. You look around in the hospital. It's been awhile, but you seem to remember where everything is. You both walk up to an elevator and Damien presses the button. It opens and you both step inside. The doors close slowly with a screech and you begin your ascent.

The elevator dings and opens its doors back up. Damien walks out with you still following him. He walks down hallway at each of the room, looking at each number displayed next to each door. You finally get to room 327 and he knocks gently on the door. You can hear a frail old voice say, "Come in," from the other side. Damien opens the door and you both step inside. Tears well in your eyes as you see Mawmaw lying down on a hospital bed. Damien asks, "Hi Mawmaw, how are you doing?" "I've had better days, dear. I've had better days." "I brought someone with me." Damien move to the side, revealing you. Mawmaw's eyes widen slightly and she smiles. "(Y/N), it's very nice to see you. How are you doing honey?" "Good," you respond. You want to ask her what happened, but are too afraid that it will upset her. Looking off into the corner of the room, you see Scott sleeping on a chair. You walk over to him and kneel down, putting a hand on his knee. Mawmaw says, "Please don't wake him. This is the first time he slept in the past 2 days. I know that you miss him, and it's been awhile, but he's been by my side the whole time, so don't be worried. I'll be perfectly fine." She smiles at you, and you smile back. It's not the best of circumstances, but you're still glad that you know why Scott's been missing for a full week now.

Damien talks to Mawmaw about small little things, like what's going on with his life, how his dads are doing, and how his boyfriend is doing. As he talks to her, you grab a chair and quietly pull it up to Scott. You put your hand back on his knee, and just look at him, smiling to yourself. He looks so cute and peaceful when he sleeping, and you can't help but admire him. After a few more minutes, Mawmaw puts her hand on Damien and asks him, "Do you think you can leave me for a moment, I would like to talk to (Y/N) for a moment alone." Damien nods and walks out of the room. You look over at Mawmaw, who beckons you with a finger. You get up and get close to her to listen to what she has to say. "Last week, I was bringing the kids their meal, when I tripped and fell," she sighs, "It hurt pretty bad, and so the others called an ambulance and had them take me here. They called Scottie soon after, and that's why he left the school. He's been here all week worried sick about me, and I am happy that I have someone who loves me so much. I can't let him stay much longer, though. I can't continue to let him see me like this. (Y/N).. I think he knows that my time is limited. I'm getting older, and weaker, and more frail, and I don't know how much longer I have, and I think he understands that. Do me a huge favor, okay? I want you, tomorrow, to send him a text. I want you to tell him that you miss him. He tells me that he misses you, but you haven't texted me so he figures that you're fine. I want you to give Scott a fun day because he spent this past week taking care of and watching over me, even to the nurses discretion. Could you promise me that you'll do that for me?" "Of course Mawmaw, of course I'll do that." "Thank you so much sweetie. You can go ahead and bring Damien back in now, unless you kids want to go home." "All right, I'll tell him." "Thank you honey." You exit the room and tell Damien that everything is okay. He goes inside and tells Mawmaw that you and him are leaving. She waves goodbye and you go over and kiss Scott softly on the cheek before walking out. You leave the hospital and get back in Damien's car, ready to be taken home.

When you get home, the front door is locked. Which is to be expected, considering the fact that it is now the middle of the nigh. You take out your house key and unlock the door. Stepping inside, you see that all the lights are off. This strikes you as strange. Especially after the events of the night, you expect your mother to be waiting for you at home, ready to give you a lecture about how your behavior is very poor. But nothing. You go to your room and look around, but still, nothing is changed. You decide to get ready for the night and go off to sleep.

You wake up the next morning, smelling something wonderful. You go out, and your mom is in the kitchen, cooking breakfast. Once she notices that you're in there, she greets you. "Oh, good morning, (Y/N)!" She smiles. "Good morning." She gets out some plates and dishes up the food that she made. "Would you mind doing the dishes after we're done?" "Yeah, no problem." During breakfast, you and your mom keep to yourselves. She doesn't bring up anything from the night before, and you're pretty grateful for that. After you both finish eating, you go ahead and do the dishes like she asked. Once you're done, she thanks you and you head back to your room. You sit on your bed, a little worried. You couldn't be happier that she is not even bringing up the night before, but at the same time you can't get the thought out of your head that something could go terribly wrong with this. Like maybe she's going to explode on you any second. You suddenly remember the promise you made Mawmaw last night. You get out your phone and decide to call Scott instead of texting him. After it rings a few moments, he picks up. "Hello?" "Hey Scott.. How's it going?" "It's good.. How are you?" "I'm good... I miss you though..." "Aww, Baby.. I miss you too.." "Do you think maybe we could hang out today?" "Are you allowed?" You smile, "Yeah I can tell you about it, but you got to come and get me, okay?" "Yeah, I'll be there in a little bit." "Okay. I love you, Scott." He giggles, "I love you too, (Y/N)."