116. Feeling Better

Scott turns the radio on at a low volume as he drives to the reception hall. No one really says anything the entire drive. It's the quietest you've ever seen the Wolfpack, other than when they're sleeping. After driving for a little while, Scott pulls back into the funeral home, and parks his car. Everyone slowly bur surely gets out, and you walk up to Scott and grab his hand. You all head inside.

Once the doors open, the smell of delicious food rushes into your nostrils. You hear Scott and the Wolfpack hum happily as their senses are flooded with it. You also hear all their stomachs growl in unison, which is a little startling, but makes you giggle a little. The Wolfpack charge over to the food, but Scott turns to you and asks, "Are you hungry?" You turn to him and say, "Yeah, I could eat." You both walk over and get yourselves some food. Scott gets a big plate of mashed potatoes, corn, and chicken. You get the same, but a much smaller amount.

After you get the food, Scott scans the room for a place to sit. He starts walking somewhere, and you walk quickly behind him. He takes a seat at a table with Polly, Vicky, Brian, and Damien. When you both sit down, Scott smiles and says, "Hi guys. Thanks for coming today." They smile back to, and Vicky says, "Of course, Scott. We're always here for you," she pats his hand, comforting him. He thanks everyone again and begins eating. Everyone makes small talk with eachother as you all eat, and a few other people who aren't sitting with you give Scott their condolences again.

After about an hour, people start leaving the reception. A few people linger behind to help with the clean up. Once everyone is finally ready to leave, Brian tells Scott, "So, like.. We were all going to hang out at Vera's place. You wanna come with us? We won't do anything too crazy. Just hanging out." Scott thinks to himself for a minute, then looks down at you. He scratches his head, unsure of himself. He says, "I-I don't know.. I was kind of hoping (Y/N) could maybe spend the night together? By ourselves.. It's been awhile since we've been alone together.. I-If it's okay with you!" He nervously adds on the last part, hoping he wasn't too demanding. You feel yourself blush a little and you grab his hand. "Yeah, that sounds nice.." Brian's face drops for a second before he smiles again lightly. He says, "Yeah, alright. I'll let the others know. Have fun you two." Brian pulls Scott in for a tight hug, which ends with both of them giving eachother a pat on the back. They separate, exchange their goodbyes, and Brian walks off. You and Scott hold hands, and go to the car. Scott says, "I'm gonna need to take the Wolfpack home first. Is that okay?" You smile and nod. He smiles back and replies, "Thanks."

You and Scott make a long trip back to his house, and once you get there, Scott excuses himself as well. They all go inside, leaving you in the car alone for a few minutes. When Scott comes back, he's changed into a t-shirt and a pair of shorts, and he's also carrying a small box. He gets back in, and you can tell he also put on some body spray. He carefully sets the box down in the back seat and asks, "Do you need to get changed, too?" You nod, "Yeah.. I have some clothes at Vera's house, though." "Okay!" With the usual smile, Scott drives away.

You arrive to Vera's house, seeing multiple cars parked outside. They must have decided to still hang out, even with you or Scott. You get out and knock on the door. Valerie soon answers and says, "Oh, hey (Y/N)! I thought you and Scott were hanging out?" You play with the hem of your shirt "Yeah, we are.. But I came to get my clothes back.." She nods in understanding and allows you to go to Vera and her's room to grab your clothes. You greet everyone as you walk past them, hurrying so you don't keep Scott waiting. You grab your clothes, and quickly change in the bathroom. When you open the door, Vera is standing there. She clicks her nails against the wall, giving you a dirty look. "So.. You've decided to skip out on spending time with all of us so that you could be with your little boy toy, huh?"  You tense up, nervous. "A-Are you mad?" Vera chuckles and smiles. "Of course I'm not mad, dummy. Here, don't forget this." She hands you a bag. Inside, are the headphones you wanted for Scott. You say, "Oh, yeah! Thanks.." "No problem. You two have fun, okay?" You nod and leave, saying goodbye to everyone on your way out. Scott looks sad in his car as he stares at the wheel, waiting for you. You open the door and his head immediately perks up, and he looks over at you, smiling once again. He pays no attention to the bag in your hands, and starts driving away.

He drives you two to the park, parking at the bottom of the hill. You grab the bag and you both make the long hike up, enjoying the sounds, smells, and general feeling of the beautiful day. You get to the top, and he promptly sits down on the picnic table, watching you as he waits for you to do the same. You walk up and take a seat right next to him, and he immediately wraps his arm around you affectionately. You lean into his body, snuggling up to him. He plants a soft kiss on your head, making you blush. You look up at him, and plant a kiss on his cheek, which makes him blush too. He smirks and looks down at you, and he starts wiggling his eyebrows flirtatiously. You giggle and do the same. You continue to make weird, flirty faces for awhile, pestering eachother, and laughing the whole time. You seem to have a full conversation without speaking a single word, and you feel like you could do it forever.