102. Progress

You spend the rest of the night in the bathroom, not wanting to even look at your mom. You fall asleep leaning against the door, and wake up the next morning feeling stiff, a pain in your back. You take an extra long shower and brush your teeth and such before finally leaving the bathroom. You get changed for the day, gather all your things in your backpack, and exit your room. You try to walk past your mom outside without being noticed, but fate had other plans. Your mother greets you, "Oh, good morning (Y/N)! Did you sleep well?" You ignore her and open your front door. She adds, "Excuse me, I asked you a question." You sigh and roll your eyes, turning to look at her. "I slept great, mom. Bye." You take a step out, but she stops you again, "I could do without the attitude." You put on a fake smile. "I slept great mom! Thank you for asking!" You try leaving for a fourth time, but she again stops you. "What has gotten into you? Are you still hung up on that note yesterday?" "That was the only thing I had from Dad. I would have liked to have kept it." "Your dad was a deadbeat nobody who ruined our lives." "A deadbeat nobody that you fell in love with!" "I did a lot of stupid things when I was young." "Oh, you mean like not making him wear protection?" She looks taken aback by your response. You add, "Bye Mom," and shut the door.

You walk to school with a pounding in your head, making everything in your mind feel fuzzy. You get to school and lean against a wall, sighing in frustration. You hear a voice behind you say, "Uh, (Y/N)?" You turn around and see Vicky and Amira. "Oh, hey!" You smile lightly, happy to see some familiar faces. Amira asks, "Is everything okay? You kinda look terrible." Vicky hits Amira's arm, "What Amira means is, you're hunched over and your eyes are all baggy. Are you alright?" She looks at you with concern, and so does Amira. "Yeah, I'm okay. I just slept really bad last night, my back is killing me." Amira snaps her fingers. "Ohh, okay! Lemme get Brian real quick." She turns her head to the sidead yells, "Hey, Brian! Get over here!" From across the hall, you can see Brian groan as he separates from Damien and walks over to the three of you. He asks, "What the hell do you want?" Amira responds, "(Y/N)'s back hurts." He looks over at you, seeing you hunched over a little. He smiles and nods, "Alright." He gets behind you and wraps his arms under yours, and lifts you up, making your back arch and a million cracks come from it. You can't help but make a startled noise as your back feels like it broke, but also feels really good. As Brian puts you down, you turn around and wrap your arms around him, "Oh gods, Brian! That felt amazing, thank you!" You separate from him and he playfully punches you in the arm. "No problem." He smiles and salutes to you before walking back over to Damien. The bell goes off, dismissing you to class.

After spending some times in class, the morning announcements come on, "Good morning students, this is Principal Giant Spider with your morning announcements. Today's lunch is sloppy joes and tater tots, with the choice of an additional vegetable. And it's the middle of April. Which means it's time to start planning the annual Monster Prom! As you know, the Monster Prom is a very important moment in our culture, so be sure to have a fun night with dancing and happiness! The student council will be taking any suggestions you may have, so give it your all, and let's have another amazing prom this year!" Teh entire classroom suddenly bursts out in murmurs and whispers of what they wanna do for prom. You see your favorite party ghost float from her seat over to yours, and she leans on your desk. "Heyyy, party animal! Any ideas for prooom?" You smile, "Well, if Scott wants to go, we'll probably go together." "Aww, you guys are soo goals! I love you two together!" You blush at the comment. "Th-Thank you.. Who are you going with?" "Well, I'm not actually sure. I mean, after that whole Valentine's Day thing, I hope none of the color crew go crazy about it. Amira or Vicky at least.." "Yeah, me too. I have faith in them, though." The teacher says, "Alright, students, that's enough. You may talk amongst your friends about the biggest money waster of the year later." Everyone groans and heads back to their seat, and you go through your history class.

Later, at lunch, you scan the cafeteria for somewhere to sit. You find a spot at a table with Vicky, Amira, and Vera. You take a seat next to Vera, and start tsling with the three wonderful ladies. Vicky, being a member of the student council, talks about what she's planning for prom. Amira discusses her hatred for her potions teacher, and Vera spends most of it calculating her latest  savings she'll have on her blackmail money. During the time, you get a text from Vera. "I think everything's going well. Right?" You smirk and send back, "Yup! They're doing great! :)" You happily continue through lunch, and Vera decides to ask a question. "So, you three, who do you think you're going to ask to prom?" Vicky and Amira look up at her, then look at eachother, then at you. You gulp, "Uhh.. I'll probably go with Scott since, you know.." Vera smiles softly and nods. "Sounds great. Ladies?" She looks back over at them. Amira nervously and quickly says, "It's a secret!" Vicky takes a deep breath, and says, "No one. You guys had a whole intervention about it, clearly we have a problem. So, I've decided I'm taking myself to prom. I'll go there, be my best self, look beautiful as ever, and have a fun night with my best friends." She smiles, proud of herself. Vera smiles as well. "Damn, being independent and not openly horny for someone? You two have changed. Congratulations." You and Vera smile at eachother.