103. Emotional Support

The rest of the day passes by quickly, and you start walking home. As you walk out of the school though, you are caught off guard by your favorite eldritch cutie. "Hey, (Y/N)!" You jump back as she screams that, seemingly jumping out of nowhere. "H-Hi, Zoe." She smiles widely, "Mind if I walk with you?" "Oh, sure, I don't mind." You smile at her gently and you start walking together. The silence makes you feel awkward, so you try to say anything that could lead to a conversation. "So.. Why did you wanna walk with me?" "Do you think I'm a good girlfriend?!" The sudden urgency in her voice surprises you. "Uh, wh-what?" "I've just been thinking, um.. Like, am I good for Oz?" She looks at you with a worried expression, letting you know that she's completely serious. "I-I don't know what you guys are really like together, so.. I can't really say for sure? Are you having doubts then?" "I mean, it's just that.. He hasn't even asked me to prom yet!" "Prom was just announced today though." "I know, but.. It's so cute when he's all flustered and asking and stuff, you know?" "But.. Didn't we have a whole thing about this? And how they're addiction to prom and stuff was toxic?" "Yeah, but he didn't have to stop acting that way with me.." Zoe crosses her arms and pouts. You pat her gently on the back. "This is good for all of them. I'm sure he'll ask you soon enough." "I guess.." She continues to pout as you walk along home, and you get an idea. "Wait.. You wanna see him all flustered and cute and stuff, right?" She nods her head. You continue, "What if we thought of a huge promposal for him? That way, he'll be even more flustered and cute, right?" Her eyes brighten, "Yeah! That sounds awesome! Let's go!"

Zoe then opens a scary, interdimensional portal. "Wait, right now?" "Yeah!" "And you want me to go in there?" "Of course, that's where I live, after all." You swallow your fears, shut your eyes tight, and step inside the portal, mentally preparing yourself for what you're about to walk into. When you open your eyes, you see a small, nicely furnished apartment. Zoe says, "Welcome.. To the UWU Kawaii Nerd Lair!" Zoe extends her arms out and does jazz hands. You chuckle and say, "Wow.. I thought your home would be more.. Insane." "What makes you say that?" As Zoe asks that, she opens her fridge. The fridge screams loudly as it's open, but is silent when it's shut. Zoe opens a can of soda and takes a sip. You say, "Th-That.. Um.. That, uh.. That right there is why." "I see you drink soda sometimes!" She says in rebuttal. You decide to let it go. You instead ask, "So, do you have any ideas for how you want to ask him? Like, maybe using some significant event? Or something that you both hold dear?" "Like hentai?" You close your eyes briefly to take a deep breath. "No, Zoe. You can't ask him using hentai. Is there anything else?" "Well, we loved going to comic con together. I was Garfield, and he was Naruto. Isn't that so cute?" She smiles and her eyes sparkle. You take another deep breath. "Yes. That's adorable. Maybe you could do something with that?" "How though?" "I don't know, wouldn't you know stuff like that?" "Well, it's easier in fiction than irl!" "Then make some sort of comic strip or something! I've seen your art, you do great!" Zoe's eyes light up and she snaps her fingers. "OMG! You're so right! I'm gonna need to go into crunch mode for this.. (Y/N), order some chinese food, I'm gonna make the most compelling art that Ozzy has ever seen!"

You go online to get some chinese food delivered, and Zoe gets to work at her desk, where she draws all her fanart. She gives you her debit card info so she can pay for it. She continues to work diligently until the food arrives, where she agrees to take a break. The two of you eat your dinner, and strike up a small conversation. She says, "You know, I'm already like a fourth done. I could make you a comic promposal for Scott too~" She giggles and winks. You politely decline, "Nah, I don't wanna do the same thing you do. And besides, I don't wanna do something big, anyway. I'll just be casual about it, you know?" Zoe sighs, "Okayyyy..." After the two of you finish eating, Zoe goes back to working hard. You decide to do some homework in the meantime.

After another hour and half, Zoe suddenly shouts, "Done!" She grabs the finished comic, and tosses it to you, showing you her completed work. It's an adorable little comic of her, dressed as Garfield, asking Oz to be her Naruto. The blushing Oz in the comic agrees, and Zoe tells him at the end about what they'll do after prom. You chuckle, "This is amazing, Zoe!" Her eyes light up more. "You really so?" You nod your head, "Yeah!" "Yay!" She wraps her arms around you and jumps up and down excitedly. After hanging out a bit more, Zoe opens a portal to take you home. You say your goodbyes and step through it. You walk inside your house, past your mother, and go to your room to get ready for bed. After all that, you lay down, and fall asleep.

The next morning, you wake up to see you got a text from Zoe. She tells you about how nervous she is to ask Oz, but she's also excited. You chuckle and get ready for the day, and walk to school. After arriving, Zoe runs up and greets you. "S-So how should we do this?" You chuckle, "I don't know, what are you thinking? You could give it to him in private, or you could give it to him in front of our friends, that would really fluster him. Zoe quickly wraps her arms around you, "That's brilliant! I'll do it at lunch, sit with me then, okay?!" You nod and go about your day until lunch.

You sit down with the excited Zoe, Vera, Vicky, and Polly. Oz comes over and sits down, nervous from Zoe's shit eating grin. She says, "Heyyyy, babe.. So like.. Prom is coming up soon.." Oz looks nervously at each person at the table until saying, "Yeah?" Zoe casually slides the comic over to Oz, and he opens it. He may not have a mouth, but he'd totally be smiling by now if he did. A nervous blush appears across his face. He turns the page, and then quickly shuts it. "Zoe!" He says, almost angrily. "What?" You look at the final page, which is filled with porn art of the two nerds. You start laughing wildly and showing the others, which makes them all laugh as well, except for Oz, who can't help but silently freak out.