Chapter 45

Braydon's POV

I didn't know why I felt what I did, I should've felt hurt, pain, and broken but no, I felt anger, disappointment, and like a fool. I knew I shouldn't have gotten attached to Braylon but no that attractive bitch just had to make me feel something. I was driving I didn't know where too, my phone rang.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Braydon, where are you?" Carter asked.

"In a land full of lies, betrayal, and wanting to kill a bitch," I said.

"So, you're in hell?" He asked.

"I don't know where I am honestly," I said. "How's it going there?"

"Everybody left," he said.

"Braylon?" I said, it hurt saying her name, just like I swallowed fire.

"I blew up on her and she started crying, she locked herself in her room," he said.

"You made her cry?" I asked.

"Why do you care?" He asked.

"I don't," I said. "Why are you still there?"

"I'm helping clean," he said. "Tell me again why I can't beat her ass."

"Carter!" I heard Grayson yelled. "Yes, what she did was a bitch move but touch her and your dead." I stopped at a stoplight and I laid my head against the steering wheel and I hit it and tears fell from my eyes.

"You remember the day mom died?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said.

"So you remember how she died?" I asked.

"Braydon please tell me you're not about to do something stupid," he said.

"I don't know what you mean by stupid," I said, I closed my door and I was getting soaked by the cold rain as I walked through.

"Braydon please don't do anything dumb," he said. "She's just a girl."

"It's not over Braylon, Carter," I said. "I broke my promise to mom."

"Promise? What promise?" He asked and tears fell from my eyes.

"That I wouldn't believe anything he said to me," I said, I bent down on the muddy ground in front of the stone.

"What he said wasn't true Braydon." he hissed.

"He was right Carter, I was a mistake." I said, I ran my fingers over the engraving.

"You're not Braydon, you're all I have please don't do it," he said with desperation clear in his voice.

"I gotta go," I said.

"Braydon-" I hung up.

"I'm sorry, mom," I whispered, just then I heard a stick break and my head shot in that direction and I saw a soaking wet girl.

"How you doing pretty boy?" She asked loud over the rain.

"Braylon," I breathed out.

"Yeah, I'm the witch," she said and looked down. I stood up and I picked her up, I put her in the car and I got in the other side, she was shaking and I turned on the heat. This girl was crazy.

"What're you doing here?" I asked.

"I need to know something," she said and I stopped at a stop light.

"What? More ways to break a dudes heart?" I asked.

"I need to know that you still care, that I'm still important," she said softly, she sounded broken but yet so did I.