Chapter 10

Braylon's Pov

"Watch what you wish for," he said coldly and he pulled out skidding in the process. I'm about to die, he came to a stoplight and it turned green but he didn't move. "You sure you wanna do this?" I noticed what he was doing, this was the road with all intersections. Where all the lights would be the same colors and they were all green.

"Carter-" they all turned red and he took off running all the red lights, he got to the end and turned. I couldn't believe it, a tear fell from his eye, he pulled on a road where no one went and he stopped. He hit the steering wheel and I flinched, I took off my seatbelt. I gulped and I went near him, I grabbed his hands and sat him back. I sat on his front, he was shaking and tears in his eyes. He wasn't looking at me and I laid on his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"One stoplight," he said with anger. "I ran all those." I looked at him.

"What?" I asked.

"She ran one stoplight, I ran all those and nothing happened!" he yelled, he had a gripped on my waist but I wasn't going to say anything.

"Who Carter?" I asked softly.

"My mom," he said.

"She ran a red light?" I asked and more tears fell from his eyes.

"My mom was late picking me and Braydon up one day from school, she was rushing and she ran a red light and a drunk driver hit her," he said. "But that morning, we got into an argument about sports and my grades, I told her that I hated her and to leave alone." he wasn't looking at me, he was shaking even more with tears falling.

"Carter, you're hurting me," I said and he looked at me.

"What?" He asked.

"My waist," I said and he looked down and took his hand away.

"I'm sorry," he said and I wiped his tears, he pulled me closer and hugged me, I listened to his heart beat. My phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Where are you?" Iris yelled.

"Why what's wrong?" I asked.

"Carter got pissed off in science and walked out, now we can't find. We went looking for you and we couldn't find you," she said quickly.

"I'm with Carter, were fine," I said and smiled at Carter and he smiled back.

"You're with Carter?" She asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"You are crazy," she said.

"Why?" I asked.

"One rule about the Monroe brothers, don't mess with Carter when he's mad," she said and I touched his face, it was soft and smooth.

"I guess I'm just too stubborn to listen," I said and smirked, I took my hand away laying it on my lap. "He's not that scary."

"You lying like hell," she said.

"Yeah I know I am," I said.

"What was wrong with him?" She asked.

"A girl pissed him off," I said.

"He looked like he wanted to kill someone," she said. "And a girl did that?"

"Guess so," I said.

"You never told me how the family thing went," she said.

"Terrible," I said and Carter sat me in the passenger seat and started the car.