Chapter 70

Braylon's POV

I woke up from my phone ringing, I grabbed it and put it to my ear.

"It is 6:34, somebody better be dying," I said.

"Good morning Braylon," Mrs. Zane said and I shot up.

"I'm so sorry, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Well you know how schools already a month in and everything, right?" She asked.

"Yeah," I said. "It's weird."

"Can you do me a big favor Braylon?" She asked.

"What is it?" I asked.

"My two classes this year are difficult, they wont listen to me, they back talk, and its trying me crazy," she said. "To top it off, I'm pregnant and I thought I couldn't work but I can't take the stress."

"So, why am I important?" I asked.

"Can you be a substitute for me," she asked.

"Why would I want to sit in a classroom full of bratty teenagers?" I asked.

"You get to help with football," she said.

"I'm in," I said.

"Great," she said. "Can you start today?"

"Oh yeah," I said and I stood up. "Let me get ready and I'll be right down there."

"Thanks Braylon, bye," She said.

"Bye," I said and hung up, I took a quick shower and got dried, I got dressed and grabbed my phone. I grabbed my keys and I walked downstairs and to my car. I got in and drove to the school, I put in and I couldn't believe I was going to be a teacher. I walked inside and to Zane's class and I could hear them already yelling. I walked in and Zane was trying to get ahold of them.

"Guys, can I pleas-Andrew no," she said and I sighed.

"Aye!" I yelled and it got quiet fast, they looked at Zane.

"Thank you," she said and she gestured towards me. "Everyone, I have to go for a while and we have a substitute. This is Ms. Hart."

"Hey, I know you," a boy said, I didn't recognize him. "You're Braylon."

"Who're you?" I asked and they stifled laughs.

"I'm Jeremy," he said and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I'm gonna get going," Zane said.

"Bye Zane," they said and she rolled her eyes and left, then all eyes on me.

"Anyway, like she said," I said. "I'm Braylon, but you can call me that or Ms. Hart."

"Ok, Ms. Braylon," I looked to see Kam, I bit my tongue and looked away.

"Where'd you guys leave off at?" I asked and a girl looked at me.

"On chapter 1, section 4," she said low, I recognized her as Christina.

"Thanks Christina," I said and I got the book, I saw worksheets. "Ok, turn to page 25." they groaned and turned the pages. "No, do you want to do this is partners or by yourself?"

"Partners," some said.

"By myself," some said.

"Well, get your partner or work by yourselves, do numbers 1-10," I said and they listened, I walked and sat in my chair. They started getting to loud. "Hey!" They looked at me. "You guys need to calm down some."

"What if you don't want to listen to you?" Jason said.

"Then don't, but know this," I said. "I just graduated from this school, I have a full scholarship, and I'm playing for the patriots next football season."