Chapter 72

Braylon's POV

I woke up and I took a shower and got dressed. I grabbed my phone and I kissed Braydon's cheek, I grabbed my keys and I walked out. I got in the car and I drove to the school.

I walked to my classroom and I set my stuff down. The bell rang and the kids piled in, I stood up.

"Hey everyone." I said.

"Hey." they said and I started talking and we were laughing.

The last bell rang and I walked to the locker room, I walked in and Cason was sitting on the floor. He wasn't alone, Alex was sitting beside him and they had down work out.

"Is practice cancelled because it's pouring outside?" Trey asked.

"Yeah." I said and my phone beeped.

Braydon: I know.

Oh no...

Me: what?

Braydon: we'll talk when you get home.

Me: ok.

He never texted back, my heart was already beating. I walked out getting soaking wet and I got in my car, I drove home and walked inside. I dropped my stuff, I walked upstairs and into my room. Braydon was looking out the window.

"Braydon?" I called and he looked down.

"You're 18 Braylon." he said and chuckled. "I thought you would be smarter than this."

"W-what are you talking about?" I asked.

"Are you scared?" He asked.

"Should I?" I asked.

"I would." he said and I froze.

"Can I go take a shower first?" I asked.

"Doesn't matter to me." he said and looked at me. "Either way, it's happening." right then, I felt vulnerable and so weak.

"Ok." I said in a small voice, I walked to the bathroom. I took a shower and after I wasn't a ice cube no more, I got out and I put on undergarments. Basketball shorts and tank top. I walked out and he was sitting in the bed, he had his elbows on his knees and looking down. "Braydon." he looked up at me.

"Come here." he said and I walked to him. He looked at me, he had anger in his eyes.

"Braydon, I don't know what I did but please don't yell at me." I said softly but his eyes didn't soften.

"Why?" He asked with anger.

"Because you scare me when you get mad." I said and played with my fingers.

"I'm tired of being gentle with you Braylon, because it seems as if you never listen unless I'm angry." He said and I looked down. "Look at me Braylon." I looked at him and I wanted to jump into his arms so bad. I grabbed his hand and put it in my waist as I crawled in his lap. I played with his fingers and I looked up at him.

"I'm listening Braydon." I said and he touched my side.

"I can't do this Braylon." he said and pushed me off his lap. "I'm not babying you anymore."

"It's not babying Braydon." I said.

"Then what the hell is it?" He hissed and I flinched, I started to walk away. "Don't walk away from me." I looked at him.

"I'm not gonna sit here and let you talk to me like this." I said.

"Why not?" He snapped.

"Because you know how it feels to be yelled at Braydon." I said and he jerked me towards him. "Ow Braydon." I pushed him and I rubbed my shoulder. "Just leave me alone." he looked down but still had a grip on my wrist.

"Braylon, I can't keep doing this." he hissed.

"Then leave!" I yelled and he looked at me, Braydon doesn't like when you yell at him but I didn't care.

"Don't yell at me Braylon." he gritted through his teeth.

"You are such a hypocrite." I spat and my phone rang. I grabbed it from my bra and answered it. "Hello?"

"Braylon." Sophia said.

"Hey, is something wrong?" I asked.

"No, are you ok? You sound upset." she said.

"No, I'm fine." I said. "How are the twins?"

"Dennis is playing video games with Parker." she said.

"Who's got Parker?" I asked.

"My husband." she said.

"Oh." I said. "Is there a reason you called?"

"Yes um, on Sadie's arm, there's a bruise, do you know what happened?" She asked.

"Yeah, I took her to the school with me and the stapler hit her arm. She cried but it didn't kill her." I said.

"What?" Braydon asked and I glared at him.

"Wait, where's Sadie?" I asked.

"With Dylan, he was suppose to put her to sleep and come back. Instead now, she's asleep on his chest and he's knocked out too." I chuckled.

"Thank you for watching them." I said. "I'll talk to you later."

"You too, bye." she said and I hung up. Braydon stood up.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I'm leaving." he said.

"What?" I asked.

"Bye Braylon." he said and kissed my forehead, he walked out and I was froze. I looked out the window and Braydon drove away. I got in my windowsill and watched the rain, I didn't cry, the sky done that for me.