Chapter 63

Braylon's POV

Today was the first day for practice, I got my gym bag and walked downstairs. Braydon was ready and mom was watching the twins for us. Braydon and I don't really talk much, it hurts but it's better than nothing.

We walked out to his car and got in, he started driving and we rode in silence. We got to the stadium and got out, we walked into the locker room. I think they noticed something was wrong, but they didn't say anything. I got dressed and Grayson walked in.

"Who's watching the twins?" He asked.

"Mama," I said and he looked at Braydon and back at me. I looked down and stood up.

"Hey guys," Tom said walking in, Rob was behind him carrying a box. "Here's your practice jerseys."

"You lost your baby weight fast," Aaron said.

"Yeah," I said and I found my jersey, it had Hart and 23 on the back. I put it on and it was big.

"It'll fit once you have the equipment on," Brandon said, I saw Grayson's, his had Kramer and 23 on the back. We walked out and on the field with the others.

"So, where do we start?" James asked.

"We need to figure out positions," Carter said.

"Well, we have an advantage with Hart because she can play any position," Tom said.

"Let's try some run-throughs," Rob said and we split teams, we got all set and ready.

"Hut!" Carter yelled and he backed up, I ran around Aaron and Carter threw the ball to Braydon. I jumped in and intercepted it, I landed and Justice tackled me.

"Well then Justice," I said and I stood up.

"You'll live," he said.

We practice some more and then of course they had to argue.

"If you throw the ball right I might be able to catch it Monroe," Cameron snapped.

"You just can't catch Tyson," Carter snapped.

"Ok, you two stop," I said and they looked at me. "Can't you guys just get along for just one day?"

"Says the one who can't even go one day with arguing with her boyfriend," Carter spat.

"I don't have a boyfriend," I said and Carter looked at Braydon.

"I'm with her for the twins," Braydon said and I drummed a beat on my leg, Carter looked at me.

"Is this because of Blaire?" Carter asked.

"No, because you can't date someone that doesn't love you," I said and it got quiet.

"Well then," Aaron broke the silence.

"Let's just keep practicing," I said and we did.

Soon practice ended and I walked Braydon to his car, we got in and I looked out the window. We got home and I walked inside and went straight upstairs, I walked into the bathroom and stripped. I got in the shower and I let the water, I got out and I got dressed. I walked past Braydon and to the twins room, there was a note. Mom took them to Sophia's and would be back later.

Why leave me here with him?

I saw their basket full of dirty clothes, I got them and walked to the laundry room. I started sorting them and someone picked up one of Sadie's onesies. I saw Braydon.

"Braydon, I got this," I said.

"I just want to help," he said.

"You've done a enough," I said and took her onesie.

"Stop being a brat and just let me help," he snapped and I flinched. I just continued to sort the clothes and put them in the washer. I walked to my room and started cleaning, I went to put my socks up and I saw my engagement ring and my promise ring. I closed my drawer and I got on my bed and grabbed my book. I started reading and the bed dipped in, but I knew it was Braydon.

I ignored him and kept reading, he started playing a game on the Xbox.

Mom came back later with the twins just to have to go in for third shift, I gave them a bath, dressed them, fed them, and put in their beds. I had Sadie and Braydon had Parker, I walked back to my room and Braydon was laying on the bed. I turned off the light and got in the bed.

~

I heard Sadie and I saw it was 12:00, Braydon was still asleep. I walked to the nursery, I picked her up and saw Parker was still asleep. I fed her but she wouldn't sleep, I changed her and laid her in her bed. I walked quietly back to my room and changed, I walked back to their room. I picked up wide awake Sadie, I grabbed my phone and keys. I walked downstairs and put to my car, I put her in and I drove out.

I got to where I wanted and I stopped, I picked up Sadie and walked in. I heard some boys, I looked on the Justice hill football field and saw some boys playing. It was Saturday and I couldn't blame them, I use to too. I walked and I saw on the bleachers, I held Sadie as I watched the new seniors play. They were actually good, then a girl came up.

"What're you doing here?" A boy asked, Chase.

"I wanna play," she said, Samantha.

"Sam, you're not playing," a boy said, Luke.

"Why not?" She asked.

"Because you're a girl, girls don't play football," Another boy said, Cason.

"Who said?" She snapped.

"We don't want to hurt you," a boy said, she got in his face.

"The only that's about to get hurt is you pretty boy," she hissed and I smiled.

"You sure Scott?" He asked and I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Try me, Davis," She said. Someone sat beside me and I looked to see Braydon.

"How'd you know I'd be here?" I asked.

"I guessed," he said.

"Let her play," Nate said and they looked at him.

"Fine," Cason said and they started playing.

"Let's go home," He said and we got up, we walked to my car and he put Sadie in. I got in and Braydon got in his car, I drove home and I got Sadie out. I carried her in with Braydon behind me, I walked Sadie to her room and laid her down. I walked back to my room and changed, two arms wrapped around me. I turned around to Braydon. "Tell me if you leave like that again."

"Braydon," I said. "I can handle myself."

"I'm just saying," he said.

"I'm tired," I said and I walked past him and crawled in bed, he turned the light off and laid beside me. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer, he kissed my cheek.

"Goodnight Bray," he whispered.

"Goodnight Braydon," I whispered and I closed my eyes, I drifted off to sleep.