Chapter 41

Braylon's Pov

Today was the day, our last football game. This team we've never played, they're undefeated just like us. I'm not going to lie, this was going to be a tough game. I wasn't letting them give up either.

"Guys, am I the only one a little worried about this game?" Carter asked.

"No," Justice said.

"Hey, we are not giving up before the game even starts," I said.

"You're worried to Braylon," Braydon said.

"I'm not scared of anyone or anything. Listen, we play like we always have, I'm not giving up, if I have to play them myself I will because I'd rather lose than quit before we even start," I said.

"She's right," Lukas said. "I mean, we're just as good as them."

"Let's show them who Justice hill really is," I said. "Because last time I checked, we are not quitters."

"Let's do this!" They yelled and we put on our helmets. We walked out and got in a huddle.

"Braylon and Aaron, go," coach said and we walked up. They were pretty big.

"Call it," the referee said and he flipped the quarter.

"Heads," Aaron said.

"Tails," the referee said, we walked back. We got set and ready.

"Hut!" The dude yelled and I ran a little ways. I saw Justice and Aaron tackled the dude with the ball. They came backup and we got set again.

"Hut!" Carter yelled and I ran, he was dodging and he threw the ball, I ran and I jumped and caught it. I landed and ran, I saw two dudes and I faked one and jumped and I landed in the blue. The glare the other team gave wasn't a nice feeling. I ran back and got set. "Hut!" I ran and Carter threw it to Braydon, I then got tackled by two guys but instead of me falling on the ground, the made me do a backflip and landed on my back. Hard.

"Nice flip, next time you should land it," one said and they laughed walking away. I got up and I rubbed my shoulder.

"You ok?" Justice asked.

"Yeah," I said and we got back to the position.

"Hut!" The dude said, I grabbed the dudes waist and slung the him on the ground. I ran and I saw the ball, I ran faster, I jumped and grabbed the ball. I landed. I started running, the dude tripped me as the other dude tackled me. God that hurt. I was face first and I stood up and I looked at the referee.

"How was that not a penalty?! He tripped me, last time I checked that's not how you play football!" I yelled at him and he looked taken back.

"I didn't see him," he said.

"What?!" I yelled. "You were standing right there!"

"Unless you want a penalty, I'd advise to go back over there," he said and I clenched my fists, I turned around and started walking towards the boys. I got back positioned.

"Hut!" Carter yelled, I had ran and I jumped and caught it. I ran and I spun around one, one tackled me in my stomach but he made me go behind him and before I landed I was tackled and hit the ground with a big dude on top of me. I got the wind knocked out of me.

"You're mom lasted longer than you did," He said and laughed. That made me mad, I stood up and my jaw and fists were clenched tighter. Braydon looked at me.

"I'm not worried about a goddamn penalty, I'm worried about going to jail because I'm about to kill someone," I gritted through my teeth.

"Hey, don't let them get to you Braylon," he said. "That's what they want."