Chapter 14

Braylon's Pov

I woke up and took a shower and done my business, I put on my undergarments. I got dressed and grabbed my phone and bookbag, I walked downstairs and saw Cody. We walked out to Codys car and got in. He drove to school and I walked up to the group.

"Hey girl," Iris said.

"Hey Love," I said.

"Is Kali feeling better?" She asked.

"Yeah," I said. "She makes me laugh with the fact she can walk but she chooses to crawl."

"She's lazy," she said. "Like you."

"Yeah, but I don't crawl," I said and we laughed and I heard yelling. I walked and pushed through the people, I saw two boys fighting. Some pushed me and I fell into the two boys and my jaw hurt. "Goddammit!" I held my jaw and I looked at who hit me.

"What the hell is wrong with you Braylon?" He yelled.

"Don't even think about yelling at me, someone pushed me!" I yelled and winced at the pain in my jaw. I stood up and I walked away and into my first class as the bell rang. I sat in my seat. Then an announcement came on.

"Attention, I need the following students to come to the gym, wait till all names are called," Principle Matthews said. "Justice, Aaron, Hudson, Carter, Braydon, Jayden..." he called some more. "and Braylon."

"Me?" I asked and we got our stuff and walked to the gym.

"What're we doing in here?" Justice asked and I heard whistle, that stupid whistle!

"This is about football," coach said.

"We've already played some games," Carter said.

"We have others joining," coach said and he looked at me. "What're you doing in here?"

"I don't know, they called my name," I said.

"Then go," he said and I walked past him, the next thing he said was the wrong thing. "She couldn't of handled it anyway." I stopped in my tracks and turned around, I walked back and stood in front of Justice.

"On second thought, Braylon Hart, number 23," I said.

"Not happening," coach said.

"Who said?" I asked.

"I said," he said.

"There's nothing in that rule book saying that girls can't play with boys," I said.

"In my book, girls aren't playing with boys," he said. "Because girls can't handle it."

"Don't underestimate me coach Carver, because I may be a girl but I know my sports," I said.

"What would you know?" He asked and I smirked evilly.

"You'll see," I said.

"Tryouts tomorrow afternoon," coach said. "Others who are already on the team, it'll be practice."

"Ok," we said.

"Wait, permission slips signed," he said and I looked at him.

"But I can't," I said.

"And why not?" He asked. "You chickening out already?"

"No, I'll get it signed," I said. "Best believe that." I walked out of the gym, I'm in so much trouble.

~

I walked inside and I took a deep breath in.

"Mom, you know I love you, right?" I asked.