Chapter 17

Braylon's Pov

"So, who do you like?" Iris asked.

"Huh?" I asked.

"You like Carter or Braydon, which one?" She asked.

"I don't like neither of them," I said. "I need to be focused on the game instead of boys."

"Speaking of the game," she said. "Do you think he's going to be there?"

"I'm not sure but I don't want anything to start," I said.

"Trust me, there's going to be drama at this game," she said.

"I know," I said and she hugged me.

The final bell rang and Carter walked out of class, he looked at me and I smiled. He walked towards me but walked right past me, my smile dropped. I followed him to his car and got in, he drove to his house and we got out.

We got up to his room and he shut the door and we climbed on his bed.

"What today?" I asked.

"Science," he said low.

"Ok," I said and got out our homework, I could feel Carters eyes fixed on me. "Which one has a bigger percentage?"

"Between nitrogen and carbon, nitrogen," he said and wrote it down, he dropped his pencil. "I can't do this."

"Yes you can, just rea-"

"I'm not talking about science Braylon," he said and I looked down. "I know we said we would forget about it but Braylon, I can't forget it because I did kiss you."

"Carter," I started. "How much percentage is in argon?"

"Braylon-"

"Carter," I said sternly.

"It's 1%," he said and wrote it, he made me look at him. He kissed my forehead, we looked back at the paper. The door opened and we looked and saw Jayden.

"Hey Jay," I said and then saw Braydon. "Hey Bray."

"Hey guys," they said and Carter looked at me.

"I gotta get going," I said. "I'll see you at practice." We got off the bed and he hugged me.

"Bye," He said and we pulled apart, I hugged Braydon and Jayden bye too and walked downstairs.

"Braylon wait," Braydon said and I looked at him. "Let me drive you home."

"Sure," I said and smiled.

"We wanna come," Jayden said.

"What? You don't trust me with Braylon?" Braydon asked.

"No, we wanna see Kali," Carter said and we walked out to Braydon's car, I got in and he pulled out. He started driving to my house and we rode in a comfortable silence. We pulled into my driveway.

"Let's go," I said and we walked inside. I saw Cody, Nick, and Frankie quiet, that was bad because that meant-

"Braylon Paige Hart, get in here," mom called.

"Well, we'll get g-"

"You three, get in here too," mom said.

"She's bout as scary as mom was." Carter whispered.

"I think she is," Braydon said and we walked into the kitchen, well we poked out heads around the corner.

"Yes mother?" We all asked.

"Why didn't you tell me you were playing Riverside?" She asked with a tint of anger, we walked into the kitchen.

"Cody, you told?" I asked.

"No I didn't tell," he snapped and I looked back at mom.

"What's so bad about Riverside?" Braydon asked.

"Other than the fact we hate each other's guts," Jayden said.

"Mom, I can handle him," I said.

"Wait what?" Carter asked.

"None of your business," Cody spat.

"Cody," I mumbled.

"What'd I do to you?" Carter asked.

"Hey, how about you guys get going?" I asked and Cody stood up.

"The fact that you kissed my sister," Cody snapped.

"How about I take Kali upstairs?" Jayden asked.

"No," Kali said and he took her out of the kitchen, but Carter and Cody were face to face with cold hard glares. Braydon holding one too but wasn't in the stare off.

"Ok you two," mom said. "Carter, you three boys have been over here multiple times and helped, I basically consider you as my own because you lost yours. So, I guess you kissed Braylon and that's your business with Braydon because he doesn't seem happy either," she then turned to Cody. "You are my son and I am not about to have any fighting in this house, definitely when Kali's here." She back up.

"But-"

"I don't want to hear any buts from either of you," Mom said sternly.

"Wait, how'd you know about my mom?" Carter asked and he looked at me.

"Braylon didn't tell me anything," mom said. "Sophia Monroe was my best friend in high school, she ran a stoplight and got hit."

"If you already knew who we were, why didn't you say anything?" Carter asked.

"I haven't seen you guys since you were like 10," she said. "I didn't recognize you until Braylon said the Monroe brothers."

"Kali's asleep," Jayden said.

"I've been trying to get her to sleep for the past hour." Frankie said.

"What can I say?" He asked. "I got a way with the ladies."

"Don't fill you're head bro," Braydon said throwing an arm over his shoulders.

"Anyway, whatever was up with Riverside, the team has Braylon's back." Braydon said. "plus, she keeps us inline."

"You just want to prove Dre wrong," Carter said.

"I'm not letting Dre win with her," Braydon said.

"Dre likes you?" Mom asked.

"No, he just doesn't agree with me playing with the boys," I said. "He's a senior and I'm a senior but he's stronger, as he puts it."

"Nobodies touching Braylon, I mean you have us three and Cody," Braydon said. "And if Justice finds out what Kali's middle name is, he'll freak."

"Only him," I said and smiled at Braydon.

"I guess so," he said softly and smiled at me.

"So, you ready to get going?" Jayden asked.

"Sure," Carter and Braydon said and they left.