● Iɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ●

Hi, I'm Ash/Solha, this is my first fanfiction. I hope you all enjoy it. Thank you so much for the 1 million reads. That is incredible, and I couldn't have done it without you all <3. 

DISCLAIMER: This is a fictional story. The people in the story may be real, but they are just characters in this book, this does not depict how they're in real life. Wattpad takes copyright infringement very seriously. Users are not permitted to post stories they do not own unless they have legal permission from the owner and can provide evidence when requested.

Some parts of the story may be triggering, so please read at your own risk.

All rights reserved: I own and retain all rights to my work. 

| I'm thinking about trying a new cover for this story. Should I change it or leave it? Would someone like to create one? and I change it and I will give the person full credits

I MADE A PLAYLIST ON SPOTIFY CALLED MY STEPFATHERS FRIEND, YOU CAN LOOK IT UP OR MESSAGE ME FOR THE LINK :) SONG I LISTENED TO WHILE WRITING THIS CHAPTER:

Y/N's Pov

I grew up with my mother Anna, and older sister Bianca in Texas most of my childhood. When I was ten years old we moved to Florida. My mom loved the idea of living by the beaches in Florida, and all of the water surrounding us. She had always said that when she had enough money, she would find a house there and that is exactly what she did.My mother Anna had always had a hard life. It was hard on her raising two kids by herself.

My mom met a guy named Dongchul. I didn't care for him at first, but my mom was in love and was very happy so I tried to be happy for her. She was a single mother with two kids and my older sister Bianca was very wild and got in a lot of trouble with boys. When I was 11 years old they got married and they bought us this beautiful house that we've lived in ever since. We now have a pool in our backyard and a large yard, something I always wished for when I was younger. My mom thought the world of her new husband. She was content. We had everything we wanted and then some.

When I turned 13 my mom and Dongchul started arguing a lot about his job. I never understood what he did but I know he made a shit ton of money. We lived in a big house in Florida which I knew definitely wasn't cheap. He always had work meetings with a big group of men every Friday night. It was the same every week. My mom didn't like that he always had them over every week. They'd all go out back or into the dining room, sit around a table, and just talk for hours. My mom and I would just watch movies together and I'd pretend like I couldn't hear them. They were so loud, and would get very drunk and they would act crazy in front of me and my sister.

Bianca loved it. She would join in even when my mom told her to go to bed. She would stay down stairs and Dongchul and one of the other guys would give her alcohol. She became involved with their job when she got old enough, but at the time of this party she was around 17 or so. My mom hated it. She didn't like me being around these kinds of people. She hated that her kids were involved with it all. Bianca liked it, and I tried to be neutral.

When I was 15, my mom got very sick and she was in and out of the hospital every couple of months. We found out she had ovarian cancer and she started chemo. It seemed to work for a while but she became very ill again. She didn't even make it for a couple more months and we lost her. She was my best friend. She was the only one I trusted one hundred percent. She was my rock. She was my home. And she was gone.