Chapter 12

Heart racing, I looked up at him after we broke the kiss

Heart racing, I looked up at him after we broke the kiss. We were both breathless, savoring the moment by just staring at each other's faces. My mind was occupied with  so many questions-What the fuck just happened? Do I regret it? Does he regret it? What now?- but I brushed them off.

Later

I would think of them later.

I put my palm against his chest, feeling his heartbeat. Looks like it's not just my heart that was racing.

"I don't think I can resist you now, Vera." He smiled, glancing at my lips and then up to my eyes again.

I smiled, my cheeks heating in response. It was hard not to kiss him again. His hand was still around my waist, and any sign of fear vanished.

"You don't have to." I managed to say.

He chuckled and led me to the end of the pool. After Tristan lifted me up, the cold air met my body, and goose bumps rose all over it. It didn't take long for him to get out of the pool. I follow the water droplets run-painfully slow-from his soaking hair to his neck and down to his chest. Down. Down. Down.

He grabbed a towel from the chaise longue and strode to me. My hands were hugging my body before he put the towel on my shoulders. I held it after thanking him and watched him dry his hair. Then, I looked at my hands to avoid gawking at the man in front of me.

After we dried ourselves, we went inside the mansion.

"You should change before you catch a cold." He said with half a smile.

"See you in the morning." I nodded before pecking him on the cheek-leaving him as wide eyed as I was when he did the same- and rushed to my room.

Then, I took a shower and wore my most comfortable hoodie with a pair of black leggings.

"Guess what?" I said to my best friend over the phone.

"You kissed." She said.

"W-what? How..."

"You wouldn't call me at 1 am and tell me 'guess what' unless it's an emergency. And you sound happy, so spill the tea, Nora." I could almost hear the smirk.

***

"Everything is looking good...I see the craving started. Remember this is a little different from normal pregnancy, but you're just four weeks so don't worry." Olivia, my doctor, said while taking a look at the tests.

Due to Kate, not being able to have children, they injected me with Tristan's...

So now the baby has my genes?

I never thought about that. That it's going to have my blood and not hers. Am I willing to just give it up when it's biologically my kid? I guess it didn't matter because there is a contract.