Chapter 23

"You had sex on his private jet!" I immediately put my hand on Nora's mouth to shut her up before she informs the whole restaurant that I had sex on a private jet

"Shhhh. I want you to know, not the whole world!" I whisper-yelled before taking my hand away.

"You should say it to the whole world, babe. I would." She popped a French Frie in her mouth and wiggled her eyebrows, making me laugh.

God, I missed her.

"Okay, so enough talking about me. What's up with you and Dante?" It was my time to wiggle my eyebrows.

"Vatsub whiz me nd mante?" She said after stuffing the whole pack of fries in her mouth. I saw what she did there.

"I mean, the last time you were at the mansion you guys seemed pretty cozy and the next morning you were gone. What happened between you two, Nessa?" I slid the tray of food to the end of the table, and out of her reach. I gave her a look of can't-slip-off-of-it-this-time.

She swallowed and said, "We may or may not have made out on his bed-and don't give me that look 'cause it meant nothing because he hasn't texted me or anything since then." She shrugged.

"Well, have you given him your number?" I raised my eyebrow in anticipation.

"Hmm...now that you brought it up I-" She ran her fingers through her dirty blond hair.

"So let me get this straight. You made out. You didn't give him your number AKA the way he would communicate with you and you're surprised he hasn't tried to reach you?" I asked her.

"I don't know what to say, okay? It was just a hookup. Nothing serious." But I knew she wanted it to be. Also, I saw the way Dante looked at her and it wasn't a just-a-hook-up kind of look.

"Well," I trailed off, "I've been doing some thinking about what I'm going to do for Tristan's birthday and I figured I needed some help. And who would be the best help other than his brother?" I smirked.

"What are going to do?" She asked eagerly.

"I already figured out what I'm getting him, but the party planning has to be a teamwork." I smiled, reaching for my phone.

"Hey, favorite person." I put Dante on speaker.

"Hey, D. I'm with Nessa and you're on speaker." I said.

"Oh...really? Hey, gorgeous." Oh it's definitely not just a hookup. I stared at her going all mushy.

"Hi, Dante." She said, blushing and waving by accident as if he was here. I muffled a laugh.

"Okayyyyy, enough with the awkward greeting, lovebirds. I need you both for Tristan's birthday." I said.

***

I look up from the job applications on my laptop to Tristan's figure that just appeared through the front door. My heart immediately jumped and I dumped the laptop to hop into his arms. He chuckled, surprised by the increase of weight to the bags he's holding.