Chapter 43

E L E O N O R A

I've never been to a football field before.

It's not quite big like the ones in the championships that are televised worldwide but it's one nonetheless. I pull out my phone with one hand, with Dani's hand clutching my other one as she basically hops up and down with giddiness.

I love her. So much.

"Do you know where your dad is, patatino?" I smiled at her.

"I know...but I think it's better if we sit here and watch him this time." She looks around after pointing to the bleachers, seeming to look for someone.

Or to hide from someone.

"Do you sit alone when you come here?" I crouch down, my heart beating in concern.

Tristan wouldn't do that, would he?

"Nooooo," She pulls her lip between her teeth while looking around again, "but the m-"

"Then we're going to papà." I stood back up, grabbing the bag of snacks from the ground.

I decided not to call him since Dani told me that she knows the way.

There was a loud noise coming from the destination we were going to. A lot of chattering.

"Ladies!" That was Tristan's voice. "I understand your concern but I know what I'm doing. If any kid on my team needs a break, they know how to ask for one from me."

I get closer until Tristan's in my view. And the ladies.

Miss red hair's thigh was almost touching his. Blondie on the right was holding his bicep. Half a circle of women were surrounding him, their backs to me.

"I don't like them." Dani whispered, loud enough for me to hear.

I suddenly understood why she was avoiding coming here.

"Mommy doesn't like them either, patatino." I said.

I don't know where it came from inside me, but a hot surge of something so close to anger travelled through my blood. I wanted to march up there and sit on his fucking lap to tell every woman here that this man was not theirs.

Maybe he's not mine since all of this is just pretend for Dani's sake but they didn't know that.

And I was about to let them see.

I walked forward, Dani in one hand and my snacks in the other...the only weapons I need, until I came I was in Tristan's view.

He stopped talking mid sentence, his eyes roaming over my body and taking my presence. His eyes held a kind of amusement that had my heart fluttering.

Fluttering?

I hadn't noticed the silence of the room until then. Seven pairs of eyes, including Tristan, were looking at me. Some were questioning, some intrigued and the others were utterly judging.

"Are you a new parent?" Miss red hair asked, her eyebrow pulling upward in a skeptical way.

I don't know if they didn't notice Dani in my hand or what but I thought she was an answer herself.

"I'm Nora Martinez," I spotted Tristan trying so hard to hide his smile, "Dani's mother."

I heard a fucking gasp.

"Oh, nice to meet you," The blond woman who was holding his bicep smiled at me, withdrawing from him completely and coming to me, "I'm Stella Corbin. Mine are the twins."

She wrapped her arms around me pulling me to a hug. Dani let go of my hand and walked to her father, so I could put one hand around Stella.

To say I was surprised at the gesture would be the understatement of the century.

After every mother introduced her name and her associated child I got a hang of all the ladies except Miss red hair.

She was still standing next to Tristan.

Okay then.

"Hey, stranger." I made my way to him. Dani was standing on the desk behind him with her arms wrapped around his neck.

I threw the woman next to him the warmest smile I could muster...meaning a fire smile. One that says: he's my man bitch.

Then I cupped his cheek (the one on the other side of her) and gave her the best view of my lips on his. Credits to Tristan for not showing an ounce of hesitation as he slipped his arm around my waist low enough to graze my hips and applied the right amount of pressure on my lips. Tristan always had a way of making me feel drunk just from kissing him.

I was always left overwhelmed from the stimulation of his lips, tongue, hands, everything he did. Fighting the multiple whiny sounds threatening to get out, I bit his upper lip slightly. He grabbed my nape.

My brain did a whole lot of thing then:
1. I fucking missed kissing this man
2. I have to stop kissing this man
3. Why the fuck did I kiss him?
4. I want him to take me on that table
5. I want to take him on that same table
6. Fuck

At Dani's giggle, I pulled back and he stooped right then.

We held eyes, seeing the reflection of our arousal in each other. I was breathing so slowly I felt dizzy.

When I looked to the left, Miss red hair was gone. Whispers were floating behind me but I had more interest in the man in front of me.

Then a moment of realization hit me. I went from feeling like a sexually frustrated woman who had a taste of sex...to a woman so stupid to have done what she's done.

I pulled him down and said in a low voice so Dani wouldn't hear, "Good acting, stranger."

His face after that was a dangerous one. He looked at me in a knowing way, figuring I was shutting him out as soon as he was close to getting in. After kissing Dani on the cheek, he stalked out without sparing me a second glance.

Get it together, Nora.