Chapter 11

I got off the bed

I got off the bed. The same thoughts lingering in my mind. It felt hot.

Oh it definitely was...

I've been shutting them down ever since I got here, knowing how wrong they were. How bad they were.

But after that dream, they all came back. His endless concern. His captivating eyes. The way his touch always sets my body on fire-dreams or no dreams- The moment we laughed our asses off in the kitchen when he caught me singing. When we danced together. Our almost kiss.

It all came, rushing back to my mind. I avoided looking at Tristan while we were descending the stairs. He led the way until we stood outside a large brown double door. His office.

He slid the doors open and waited for me to enter first. I took a step inside and gawked. Hundreds and hundreds of books. The office was enormous. There was a 30 inch desk in front of my eyes.
It was the definition of elegant and superior. On my side there was another 30 inch desk.

"I figured you were studying, so maybe you need a more suitable place." He said from behind me.

"Wow. This place is amazing." I finally looked at him.

"You're free to come here whenever you like, Vera." He was leaning against the wall, arms crossed. The gesture doing wonders to his already perfect body.

"You know...I never asked you why you call me Vera. No one does."

"Vera, darling. That's the whole point." He grinned.

***
The whole office thing didn't help. I was sitting across the room, utterly distracted. It's been an hour, and I have been scrolling through the pages, not reading a single word. I could feel his eyes on me from time to time. I shifted in my seat, clenching my thighs together.

When I looked up at him, he was writing something down. Then, his phone rang. I took it as an opportunity to excuse myself and got out of the office. The glass door was opened, so the cool breeze kissed my cheeks. I went outside to the backyard and sat in front of the pool. I was wearing a black skirt, so I let my bare legs into the water.

I closed my eyes for a while, letting my hair sway to the night breeze. The sky was darker today, but the stars shone from far away. I've always been a night owl; studied at night, ate at night...partied at night. At least that hasn't changed.

I felt the presence of someone beside me, before I opened my eyes and saw Tristan looking down at me.

"Do you want to swim?" He said, hands in his sweatpants' pockets.

"I wish, but I don't know how." His eyes were free of judgement.

"I can teach you...if you'd like." I twirled the thought in my head. I've always wanted to swim, but I never got the chance to. Of course after that time, when I drowned in Milan's sea.

***
I looked at myself in the mirror. My stomach was starting to get bigger; not easily vivid, but I could feel it. I was staring at the black rose tattoo, edged with a snake. I hated it. The art was beautiful, but the memory that escorted it...that, I hated.

I was wearing a peachy-orange two piece bikini. I got it once in a sale, knowing exactly that I wasn't going to be wearing it anytime soon. I guess that changes now.

I felt uncomfortable walking in the house in a bikini-even though the pool is basically in the house-so I wore a black t-shirt covering from the top till under the tattoo.

When my bare feet touched the soft grass, part of my body eased. Tristan was standing, his bare and muscular back to me. I was about to clear my throat, but he turned around. I tried-tried-not to look at his chest. I didn't have that resistance.

His chest was broad. Sculpted and adorned with tattoos. I didn't pay attention to his body earlier when he slept on my lap, but now...

He was wearing only black swim shorts.

I walked to the chaise longue and took off my shirt. It was his time to stare. His eyes darkened, taking my body from head to toe, lingering for a second on the tattoo.

It wasn't the stare that made you uncomfortable. On the contrary. It made any uncomfortable part of my body relax.

"Come on." His voice sounded hoarse, almost like a growl.

He went first into the water. I sat and put my legs like earlier. But it was when he put his hands on my waist did I realize what I was doing. Pure terror entered my heart. Memories from when I was drowning returning. The feeling of the water flooding my lungs. He saw it because he said, "If you're not ready, it's your choice. But I promise that you won't drown, Vera."

I swallowed and nodded. He lifted me and took me into the warm water. I gripped his shoulders like my life depended on it. The water reached my shoulders. I was taking deep but quick breaths.

"Don't drop me. Don't drop me." My voice was laced with panic.

"I won't. Now move you're legs as if your riding a bike. I won't remove my hands, don't worry." He said when I shook my head.

Our faces were so close that I touched his nose by accident. My heart was beating so fast. Both because of the proximity of our bodies, and how deep I was in the water. The heater didn't help how my body was on fire from his touch.

I dared to look up into his eyes. He met mine and the world faded away. Mor and Dante were nowhere in sight, and I didn't care. I could swear I forgot how to breathe.

He lifted one hand to my cheek and the other wrapped around my waist, pulling even more closer. It was the same feeling. The one that I felt on the terrace when we almost kissed. That my body was paralyzed.

But this time no one was around. So he leaned in and I closed my eyes. When his lips met mine, my whole body eased from the tension, but tingled from the way his mouth moved in sync with mine. I let one hand go from his shoulder and ran it through his wet hair. I tugged and a low growl was swallowed from his mouth to mine.

His tongue pressed on my lips and I opened my mouth to give his access. The kiss started tender and sweet, but was now more fast. More longing. More passionate. A small annoying voice was hissing at the back of my mind. The rational one.

"This is wrong ,Tristan" I breathed out, putting my thumb on his lips.

"I don't know what you're saying, Vera. Nothing has ever felt this right." He said, before smashing his lips on mine in the most devouring way.

And that rational voice was buried far under the soft moan that escaped my mouth.

************************************************
-Fast update!!
-Tell me what you think and don't forget to VOTE.

Love you cuties.
Stay safe.

Ya girl,
Mar 👾