Chapter 3

*Eleonora*

*Eleonora*

He was standing outside while I was holding the door. Wearing a black dress shirt with black slacks, he stood tall in the doorway. "Hey." He said while scratching the back of his head. "What are you doing here? How did you know where I live?" I asked.

"Aren't you going to invite me in first?"

"I'm sorry. Come in."

The apartment was a mess.

Books were scattered everywhere with leftovers on every surface you could find. I was wearing a white oversized t-shirt reaching mid-thigh and socks.

He entered and I closed the door. The place was not a fancy one. It was so simple compared to the mansion he was living in from where I saw on the internet.

Tristan was looking around and I quickly cleared the sofa that I was sitting on.

"You can sit here." I gestured to the mint green sofa. "I'm sure you didn't expect my presence, and to be honest, I don't too," he stated, "The thing is, I needed to talk to you about a few things." Couldn't it wait for tomorrow, I thought.

"Okay." It sounded more of a question.

"First of all I want to apologize for what happened today. It was totally irresponsible of Dr. Rivera. However, if this actually works, it would be a miracle. My fiancée and I have been trying for a long time with no outcome. I just want you to think of it and be sure that I can provide anything for you. Money, cars, anything."

He looked deep into my eyes.

"Tristan, I am not going to be pregnant. This whole thing wasn't supposed to happen. Why would it work on me and not the other surrogates?" I shifted and the shirt got a little high. He looked at my bare thighs and cleared his throat.

"Would you like to drink something?" I tried to change the subject.

"Just water, please." I nodded and stood up. I poured him a glass of water and returned.

"Can I use the restroom?" He said. "Of course, it's the first right down the hall." He stood up and went down the hall but turned left instead so I ran before he entered my bedroom. "Wait!" He turned immediately so I bumped into him and almost fell before he grabbed my waist with his hands. We were looking into each others' eyes. Our bodies were so close, I could feel his heartbeat. "Are you okay?" He asked without letting me go. I only nodded because my voice would betray me if I spoke. He let go of my waist and I pointed to the door on the right.

I waited two minutes before he came out. He obviously just washed his hands. I was still recovering from the incident. His touch was affecting my body in dangerous ways. I have to stop thinking of it; he has a fiancée.

"I'm sorry for coming this late. I'll see you tomorrow Eleonora." He said while heading to the door. When I closed the door after him, I could finally breathe. It was so weird of me to act this way; heart pounding, not being able to say a word. It was only around Tristan and I didn't even know him until Today.