Chapter 35

E L E O N O R A

My eyelids felt heavy as I tried to wake up.

The same ringtone coming from Will's phone blazed, only two rings before it was shut down. This has been happening for ten minutes now.

"Will?" I rasped, voice harsh with a sore throat.

"Present." He said, mouth near my ear.

I shut my eyes again, remembering last night. He saw me. He saw me and he held me and he still was, arm wrapped around my body.

"Why are you still here?" I blinked away the stingy moisture and sat straight, hearing a confused sound come out of his mouth.

"I don't know, El," He slid his fingers through his dark golden hair, "I couldn't just leave."

He said it so thickly, as if he didn't bat an eye this whole night. I hadn't heard Will's voice sound so free of sarcasm and playfulness in...ever.

"You should." I took off his arm that was surprisingly still on my hand, shaking with embarrassment and another overwhelming feeling.

"I should but I didn't...because you shouldn't be alone." He stood up, coming after me with knitted brows.

"I won't," I put my mask on, smiling, "I'm off to the firm. Trust me, I will not be alone."

"El, don't do this-" He shook his head, coming even closer.

"You should go too, Will. I'm sure you're needed by whoever was blowing your phone up." I nodded to myself, forcing myself to look at his hurt face.

He looked back at his phone and sighed, shoulders slumping.

"Fine."

Good. It's over.

——

"I'm on my way, Kim." I said to my assistant, failing to hear anything she had said.

"Were you even listening to what I was just saying?" She bellowed and it pierced my eardrums since I was wearing my EarPods.

"You weren't. Again, Rafael Marciano does not like firms. The man and I mean THE man has requested to meet you personally as your client at his hotel. Girl, if you don't agree, I will drag your ass to Luciano's myself." Kim emphasized.

"Rafael Marciano?" I sulked at the name. I know I've heard it before. "Remind me again of his identity and why for the love of god are you talking about him like that?"

"Um..I don't know...MAYBE BECAUSE HE IS THE OWNER OF THE LUCIANO HOTEL LINE ACROSS THE GLOBE AND ON EVERY MAGAZINE FOR FUCKS SAKE."

"Ow," I winced, "Kim, darling, you do realize you're a lesbian right? Has anything changed? Did you and Jakie-"

"Have sex this morning? Yes, and I think that answers your question." She said, smirky voice and all.

"Anyway, yes or no question, do i need to see this Rafael?" I asked, watching the uber driver's moves from the backseat.