Chapter 41

E L E O N O R A

I rush after Tristan out of the bedroom and collide with his back when he stopped suddenly in front of the bathroom. 

His breath comes out quick and short, his shoulder resting on the side of the side of the doorway for me to take a look. I look at my daughter, sleeping with the toothbrush in her mouth, the white liquid dripping in a disgustingly adorable way down the side of her mouth. She's sitting on the closed lid of the bathroom, and I noticed the cup holder on the ground with its contents scattered. That made the noise then.

I look to the side and double check to make sure that I saw right. A wide and joyful grin is drawn of Tristan's face as he looks at the silly little creature in front of us. I was so taken back by the scene that I stood there frozen while he picked her up and begun washing her face.

It was the first time that I saw that joy in him since so long it made me want to...smile. I managed to hide it with a lot of willpower, my own smile.

I mimicked his previous posture and leaned on the doorway, watching them with a warm feeling.

When they finished, I thought Dani was knocked out completely but she touched my cheek when Tristan walked past me.

"Come on, mommy." She smiled ever so sleepy and cute.

"I'm right behind you, patatino." I followed Tristan back inside her room and layer next to her with Tristan on her other side.

She looked up at me with a genuine smile, held my fingers with one hand and his fingers with the other and said, "I'm really happy."

It pierced my heart. I squeezed her hand gently and kissed her forehead earning a few giggles when my hair tickled her nose.

"Don't think I didn't notice you back there, huh. What did you put in Devon's pocket?" Tristan lowered his face to look her in the eye, a mischievous look passing between both of them. It instantly made me happy.

"Remember when I told you he doesn't like Bat the man? I gave him a note that said "watch your back Devon because i'm coming to get you" and then signed my name and put in his pocket." She rubbed her hand in excitement.

"Oh really?" Tristan raised a brow, "First of all, little miss i'm secretly evil, he's called Batman not Bat the man and you just blew your cover by signing off with your name, didn't you?"

"Darn it!" She threw a fist in the air.

I laughed, putting my hand over my mouth at the amusing scene in front of me and gasped at her ruined prank.

"It's probably not the best thing to say but I'll teach you how to do pranks the mommy way next time." I winked at her.

Her face lit up with excitement.

"You did pranks on your friends?" She gasped, sitting up on her elbows.

"On everyone." I whispered.

"My mom is the coolest!" She said quickly, her voice low with awe.

"Hey! What about me?" Trisran threw his hand up in protest.