Chapter 27

"Okay

"Okay." Tristan smiled, unaffected.

"Okay? No, it's not okay." I laughed nervously.

"You told them about us?"

"About you, yes. But I couldn't tell them about the pregnancy. Not on the phone."

"So what's the problem?"

"The problem is that my mom wants to see you," I said, sitting on the couch, mind already filled with different scenarios of how the meeting was going to go.

"I'm confused. Isn't that supposed to be a good thing?" He leaned back against the chair.

"I don't know. The last guy I took to see my mom peed his pants and ran away." I remembered the encounter in 5th grade.

"I'm the one who's supposed to be nervous then. Not you." He said, lifting the corner of his lip.

"No, you don't get it. She is so hard. She's going to make everything a test. Every question. Every action. Trust me I know. When-" I was cut off by his mouth on mine.

I sucked in a sharp breath from my nose and closed my eyes, breathing him in. My face was held by his hand and the other one was holding my calf. My heart was still jackhammering in my chest, but it was from excitement rather than nervousness. I knew it was his way of calming me down.

Flashbacks were coming to me from the last time we were in that position; me on top of my desk while he was standing between my legs. I couldn't quite breath normally. I never did when he was around.

Our mouths seemed to work together in a series of broken-up kisses, like sweet lip bites. Every time we kissed, it was like the first time. None were the same as the other. His hand moved slowly from my calf to wrap around my thigh. I moaned at the need of him. I always wanted more. He seemed to understand that when I touched the bulge trapped in his pants.

"We have the doctor's appointment in half an hour." He chuckled, putting his hand on mine to stop me.

"We have time." I breathed and attempted to touch him again.

"Half an hour is not enough for what I want to do to you, amore." He smiled against my mouth.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked and curled my fingers through his hair.

"Bad things. So very bad things." His voice was raspier now.

I wanted him to do all the filthy things he had in mind.

"You're the one who kissed me. Might as well finish the job." I was so frustrated.

"Not now, Vera." I pulled back and narrowed my eyes at him.

"Well, then not ever." I ignored the burning between my legs and pushed myself past him and off the desk.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He grabbed my arm and turned me to face him again.