Chapter 60 | Finale

5 months later

E L E O N O R A

Two months ago, when Nessa revealed the biggest project of her life, gifting me the most beautiful wedding gown that I've even seen, I felt so ready to walk in it down the aisle and in front of the whole guest list that consisted of over 300 people.

Now, on the day, I felt incredibly...ready.

Like I could go out there and finally be with the man that felt like home. A sweet, loving and tender home. I couldn't wait for it.

I knew I looked beautiful in the art that Nessa had crafted just for me with all the love she had ever since the very first day we decided we'd be each other's person for the end of time. The gown was a vintage design that fell down like a waterfall of white silk. The lace gloves reached above my elbows, the knitted design so detailed and beautiful. My hair was straight, the taller length swept behind my ears.

I never expected to be excited to my wedding. It felt so damn satisfying, to be happily anxious about this day that will tell everyone we know that we were united. I wasn't nervous because I was so confident in our love for each other and our future life together with our daughter. It was exhilarating.

"I look up to you." I met my mother's eyes through the mirror, the tears in them making my throat tighten after her words sank.

"You make me so proud to be your mother, Nora. I'm the happiest seeing you like this. Alive. With a heart that could carry love for everyone no matter what. I love you, patatino." She kissed my hair, cupping my cheek.

I smiled through the tears, secretly grateful that Eva was a pro with keeping the makeup on my face like its life depended on it. Hearing my mother, the woman that was all hard love and fierce words, say these words from her heart, it was a warm and tight embrace that said 'you did it'. I made my mom proud.

"I love you too, mamma." I hugged her, kissing her cheek before pulling away.

"It's time, sissy." Eva came rushing, pulling us both back into a hug and making us laugh.

"You ready?" My mother opened her arm for me.

"I am." I nodded.

"Wait. Wait. Wait!" Nessa held up her hand, a camera in her other one, "Smile real big, ladies." She clicked a few photos.

"Now you're ready." She beamed at me, that proud look in her eyes too.

T R I S T A N

"Did I ever tell you that you're my hero?"

I looked up Dante while Mor finished the retouches on my hair. She snorted, looking back to where out brother was sitting on a love seat.

"I am?" My lips hitched up.

"You are, big bro. You're living the dream right now."

"You mean the one you can't live?" Mor teased him.

"I will, little Mor. Just you wait and see." He winked, a confident smile taking over his face.

"This is my wedding. You only talk about me on my wedding. And Vera." I smirked, my heartbeat speeding as I thought about the scene that was most awaited.

"You're done." Mor stepped back, whistling as she looked me up and down.

"He's blushing." Dante said in a child like voice.

I threw a pillow at his face.

"Looking cozy, I see," My mother crossed her arms despite the grin on her face, "I'm going to cry. You haven't been in the same room for so long. I won't cry–okay! Anyway, you have a wedding out there if it slipped your mind. Come here." She opened her arms, and I melted into her after bending down.

"Don't let him trip, mom." Mor patted me on the shoulder, raising an eyebrow at me.

"That's not what a best woman is supposed to say, you know." I ruffled her hair, earning a string of curse words.

"You're gonna live a happy life. Nora is the best one in the world for you and she's going to be by your side forever. Today is going to be the best day in your entire life," She actually meant the words, "Better?" She smiled up at me.

"Yeah." I hugged her closely.

I took a deep breath, feeling the absolute reality of this moment. It was a wish that was becoming true after years of denial. I was pretty sure it'd hit most once I see her walking to reach me. Because it was happening. No lies. No secrets. No pain.

Just Me. And her. And our little sweet devil.

E L E O N O R A

My smile overtook my whole face as soon as I saw him. Tristan, the most beautiful man in my life. It suddenly came to me how happy and relieved my father would be right now, knowing I'm marrying him. Looking at my mother's face as she walked me down the aisle, I knew she was too.

My heart squeezed as soon as I glimpsed to his right, seeing our daughter standing with the biggest most precious grin on her face. She was wearing a yellow dress that made her look like a little ray of sunshine. The one who brought the light back in my life. Her little excited jumps made me even happier.

One one side, the best man and woman along with the groomsmen stood, looking like million dollars. Dante, Mor, Rafael and some of Tristan's high school friends that he introduced me to a few months ago. On the other side stood the most important people to me. My maids of honor, Nessa, Eva and Will. My wonderful bridesmaids, Kim, Aisha and Stella–who've become close in a very short time.

Ana was standing on the alter facing me, waiting with a bright teary smile to officiate the wedding.  I loved that woman.

When I felt Tristan's lingering gaze on me, I met his eyes and suddenly forgot how to breathe. Two teardrops were making their way down his cheeks, the widest smile on his face. He wiped his face, shaking his head and looking around before settling back at me, as if making sure it was really happening. I nodded at him subtly, pretty sure that my face was glowing from joy more than it was from highlighter.

My mother brought my hand to his, kissing him on the cheek with a silent promise in their eyes before she took Dani and stood behind Ana.

It all went too fast. I was busy looking into those warm hazel eyes that were a world on their own.
A world were only the happy moments existed. Where a wonderful future awaited.

Our vows were a sacred promise that we understood by heart. And when it was time to say the famous 'I do', I meant it with every piece of my heart, knowing he did too. Maybe it all started with an accident, our love. But some accidents were a fate of their own.

And we were each other's.

THE  END