Chapter 7

It's been a week since I moved to Tristan's mansion

It's been a week since I moved to Tristan's mansion. Every day is the same; I study in the morning, go to the bakery, come home do assignments and wait for Tristan to come home. He usually comes home late, but I hate eating alone at the dining room. Sometimes Dante comes around. The flirty-motherfucker is fun to hang around.

I sent money home and paid all my bills. Obviously, mamma did a whole ass interrogation on how I got this money. For example, "Did you become a stripper?" "You sold your soul to the devil?" and stuff like that. I told her there was a good deal that came to the bakery and that I've been saving money. I hate lying to her and papà, but I can't tell them I made a deal to get pregnant with a baby that isn't mine for money.

As for the pregnancy, the little bean's been doing great. My tummy is still flat. I take my meds before going to bed and hope for the best.

Right now, I was heading to Nessa's atelier after closing the bakery. I haven't seen her for a week. Tristan insisted that Morris would drive me to where I go because it's safer for the baby.

"Hey, Morris?" I turned my head to look at him.

"Yes, Miss Rodriguez." I can't believe why everyone is calling me that; I'm just a guest for a couple of months.

"Morris, I told you my name is Nora. You don't have to call me with formalities." I tried.

"I'm sorry Miss Rodriguez, but my job is to do whatever you need and treat you as Mr. Martinez."

"You said you'll do anything I need, yeah?" I got an idea.

"Of course." he nodded, hands on the wheel.

"What's your full name?"

"My full name? Um...It's Morris David Smith."

"Thank you Mr. Smith." I looked at him and smirked.

"No, you can't do that." He laughed.

"I sure can, Mr. Smith."

"Please stop calling me that." He was shaking his head.

"I'll stop if you stop."

He was silent for a moment before he said, "I mean, it's totally inappropriate for you to call me Mr. Smith, so... Nora it is." Hooray!

***

"So Morris, why isn't Kate living with Tristan?" I asked.

"Mrs. O'Brian is usually busy, so she isn't around most of the time. She will be here, though, tomorrow for the annual charity event." He stated.

"What's that?"

"It's an event funded to raise charity. Wealthy and famous people meet there every year to make business deals and unite their companies." He explained.

"Okay." I replied.

We arrived at Nessa's atelier, so I got out of the car. "I'll be waiting here Mis- Nora." He said.