Chapter 15

"See you in three days, baby

"See you in three days, baby." Ugh. 'See you in three days, baby' I tried not to mimic her outside my head.

Tristan closed the door behind her. It was 8 in the morning, and Kate was going back to her place to get ready for the flight.

"I told Nia and Morris to have the day off because I'm going to cook for today." He said, already heading to the kitchen.

"You cook?" I raised my eyebrows, and he nodded. Wow. He's hot and he can cook? I might've found my knight in shining armor.

I lifted myself-not quite mercifully as I intended-,took a seat at the counter and said, "Well then I can make dessert." I was already grinning, mind full of different ideas.

"It's a deal." He said looking over his shoulder and back at me. His muscled back rippled at the movie.

"How did you learn how to cook?" I said while eating a strawberry from the plastic box that he just took from the fridge.

"My mother mostly. She never let cooks in the house when we were young...always wanted to cook for us herself. I loved her passion for cooking, so I decided to learn myself." The beam of light that swam in his eyes when talking about his mother made my heart warm. I wondered how I'd feel when I went to Roma; when close to my own home. I missed mamma and papà. And Eva.

"She sounds wonderful." I brace my hands on the ceramic counter.

"She is. You'll see when you meet her." God I was nervous.

"Yeah...don't get me started on that." I laughed, rubbing my neck. I caught him looking at the gesture and could've sworn his eyes darkened.

"You have no reason to be nervous. I told her a lot about you and she loves you already." My lips curved upward.

"What exactly have you told her so that I can act upon it." He laughed and it crawled under my skin.

"Just be yourself. No acting." He took out a white apron from the long cabinet and put it over his head.

"Okay. I can manage to act myself...piece of cake."

I looked him over while his hands were at his back, tying the ropes. Damn. How can someone manage to look hot in an apron? I was beginning to think he looked hot in everything. Hell, if he wore a plastic bag, he'd still rock it.

I didn't realize I was biting my lip until his eyes flickered to them.

"You have to stop doing that, Vera." He looked back up to my eyes.

"Or else?" I challenged.

"Or else...I'm going to use this counter for other things. Things that have nothing to do with food." He took a step closer.

I clenched my thighs and held the counter harder, feeling the cold surface of it to try to calm the heat that crept all over my body. He looked down at my clenched thighs and a wicked grin made its way to his face.