Chapter 45

E L E O N O R A

I turned around before Tristan even moved, my brows already up and on edge.

The redhead.

"I did not appreciate how you kicked my Ollie out like that. He was just playing football like every other good player." She seethed at him, but I didn't miss her nasty glance at me before she stood under Tristan's nose like a fox.

"Sissy, your Ollie elbowed someone in the nose," He adjusted Dani higher, not missing a beat, "I don't tolerate violence on my team by any means. You should teach him that, not defend his behavior."

"Tristan," Sissy said his name in a tone that made my left eye twitch, "You know he just wants to be a good player and score a goal. Don't be harsh on him." She held his elbow.

She fucking touched him in front of me.

"Uh-oh." Dani said, looking at my expression which I'm sure was nothing less than murderous.

"I don't think we've met...clearly," I stepped between them with crossed arms, "I'm Nora and I don't appreciate you touching my husband like that."

She scoffed, taking a visible step back from shock, before smiling at me briefly and scurrying away.

"I didn't catch your name!" I called after her, my eyes glinting in triumph.

I didn't look at Tristan once after that.

***

Dani was with Devon and Engy. I, very reluctantly, gave my daughter away to have her weekly sleepover at Devon's. I wasn't going to come here and change her life. Besides, I had a weird feeling that I could trust Engy.

Tristan and I were going back home in his car. I have never experienced such thick silence like the one surrounding us right now. I felt the tension. The words hanging around, unspoken.

Honestly, I was mad. At him. At me. At the fucking universe for making me feel this protective over someone who I deeply shouldn't.

I felt his eyes on the side of my face, lingering for a few seconds. His hand wasn't gripping the wheel or anything like that, but his body was seething. I could feel it.

We were each having a battle with ourselves.

Ten minutes later, we were home.

"You forgot your phone." Tristan said, closing the door behind him.

I was so eager to get out of that car that I left my phone there.

A buzzing sound started, someone was calling me.

"Who's Will?" He raised an eyebrow, looking at my phone screen.

"None of your concern." I tried snatching the phone away.

"Is he the one you're fucking?" He narrowed his eyes which glinted in irritation.

"If you give me my phone, you'll find out." I tilted my head, narrowing my eyes back.

"Oh yeah?" He fucking grinned.

"Tristan." I warned, my blood boiling.

"I think I'll find out on my own." He picked up at the last second, passing me and going up the stairs.