Chapter 13

He took me in with a raised brow

He took me in with a raised brow. I tried to look innocent and smiled at him, but he knew better. Thankfully, he just gave me the look of you're-not-getting-away-with-that-but-we'll-talk-later. He walked to his brother and said, "You gonna help me with the preparations or are you busy, big bro?" Yeah he definitely knew.

I texted Nessa to call me so I could get out of there. When my phone rang I said, "It's Nessa. Excuse me boys." And I was out.

"What did you need a way out of?" She said.

"I'm gonna tell you when you're here." I opened my bedroom door.

Walking inside the walk-in closet, I wondered what I was to wear today.

***

I went with a black tucked in lace top and black jeans. We were staying at the mansion, so I wasn't sure what we were going to do. Mor and Dante were already downstairs preparing with Tristan. Nessa texted me that she was 5 minutes away. I looked at the mirror. Good. It wasn't showing.

Apparently, Tristan gave me a very big and visible hickey on my left boob. I still had a fresh memory of our entanglement in his office which made my ears heat. I forced myself to stop overthinking the situation that we were in. Maybe I was a fool for falling for his charms. Some very fine charms. But I knew it was never going to work out. He's a billionaire. An engaged billionaire.

When I got downstairs, I opened the door for my best friend and gave her a bone-crushing hug.

"I missed you, Nessa." I said without letting her go.

"Good. I thought you forgot about me after you got a taste of the wealth." She looked around. If my face was like hers when I first got here, then I must've looked like a 5 year old seeing Christmas lights for the first time.

"How could I ever forget about you?" I cupped her cheeks.

"Well, you'd have a pretty goddamn reason if you did. This place is humongous. I could get lost and no one would know I existed." Dramatic much?

"I did get lost actually. Several times." I took the time to look around, but it all seemed the same. There wasn't any sign of the preparation they've been doing.

"Hello ladies. I see you've arrived Vanessa." Tristan came into view. He cast me a swift glance with those hazel green eyes of his.

"Please call me Nessa. Thank you for having me here." She smiled and her cute dimples were visible.

"You're most welcomed. Shall we?" He said.

I nodded and when he turned, Nessa pinched my arm and gave me a look I knew too well.

We walked past his office and made a turn to stand in front of a door that I hadn't had the chance to explore before. He opened the door, and Dante and Mor waved us inside. It had dark grey walls and white furniture. There was a U-shaped couch with scattered fluffy pillows on it. There was an actual bar in here with all kinds of drinks on the shelves behind it. Looking to my side, a TV screen -just a little smaller than the cinema's- was opened on Netflix.