Chapter 9

The moonlight slithered to make his jawline even more beautiful

The moonlight slithered to make his jawline even more beautiful. He lifted his right hand and put it on my cheek. I closed my eyes, melting into his touch, yet again. His thumb gently caressed my lower lip until I could feel his sweet breath on my lips. I couldn't quite comprehend what was happening, but I wasn't against it either.

His lips barely brushed mine before I heard someone coming. I opened my eyes and looked to the side to see the one and only, Dante. Man, I liked you, you know?

"Oops. Did I interrupt something?" He looked between the two of us, crossed his arms and smirked. I rolled my eyes and said, "Let's just go home." I rushed out, but Dante caught up and said, "I just cockblocked you two, didn't I?" I shook my head. "I knew there was something going on between you guys. Problem is, you both won't admit it." He continued.

The ride home was the same; stolen glances here and there. Constant thinking of our almost kiss. I didn't understand why Tristan was acting all flirty and nice around me, when he already has a fiancée. I mean if they didn't love each other, why be in a relationship. I know that at that moment, I was paralyzed-mentally and physically- but now I realize that it was wrong. I'm only here for a deal and nothing more. There shouldn't be anything more.

It didn't take me more than a second to take off the stilettos once I stepped foot into my room. I took-off my makeup and changed to a white shorts and a crop top. I tied my hair into a bun, and welcomed my cozy bed with literal open arms.

***

Dodododo-uh. There you are!

I woke up, in the middle of the night, on a strong craving for Froot Loops. Finally, I found them. I took out a bowl and of course poured the milk after the cereal. No offense to milk-first folks, just avoiding psycho stuff.

I ate the cereal while standing, and then washed everything. I thought I'd take a walk through the mansion since I can't sleep. I took some turns after sitting in front of the pool for a couple of minutes.

Then, I saw the reflection of lights, and when I continued walking, I found a porch. There was a wooden couch with different pillows scattered all over it. On the side, there was a cozy-looking swing with even more pillows and a grey fuzzy blanket. I took a seat on the couch and admired the view. It was about the time of sun-rise and the sky was astronomically-clear.

After two minutes or so, Tristan stepped inside the porch, shirtless, may I add. "Why are you up this early?" He said, flashing a bright smile to me. "I was craving Froot Loops. Why are you up so early?" He took a seat beside me.

"I heard you coming down, and when you took so long I got worried." I couldn't keep my eyes off of his clean torso or his defined abs. "Um... I was being that loud, didn't I." I nervously laughed, forcing my eyes on his face, and not his godly build. "Actually no, you were being quite precise with your moves. I just...have trouble sleeping." I looked at him, examining his face. He didn't look like he had any sleep. Explains the eye bags.