Chapter 19

Dear lord, I've never been so full

Dear lord, I've never been so full. Adriana and Nevada filled my plate three fucking times. I mean I loved food and Tristan's mother was an absolute chef, but I didn't want to die from eating. I was still sprawled on the bed two hours later. I called Nessa and told her about everything; when he held my hand and asked his mother for her blessing, I was speechless. The moment I looked at his hand and no longer saw a ring, I knew what he was going to talk about.

Although, I was concerned about two things: 1. How exactly did it cost him to break the engagement and talk to his father. 2. How much I needed to tell my own family about this whole situation.

Because they still think I'm in my old musty apartment, perfectly not pregnant and absolutely not...in love with Tristan.

Was it too soon to admit that at least to myself? It's been almost three months since I've known him. The last and only time I rushed it, it didn't end well. But he wasn't like Nate...not even close. Tristan is caring, ambitious, hardworking, loving and didn't only care about getting high or having sex-should I haven't allowed that- What Nate and I had was far from love. I wanted a new life and he was the only one at the time offering it.

I feel like there's a lot more to learn about Tristan, but I won't rush anything or force him to tell me something he wasn't ready to say. But even though we haven't known each other for a long time, I feel like he's right. I haven't opened my heart to anyone after Nate, so I guess me opening it to Tristan is a sign.

The door was knocked on by someone, so I got off bed and unlocked it. My eyes met Tristan's hazel ones, before he picked my up by the waist and turned in circles. I squealed while laughing and when he put me down, I asked, "What was that for?"

"Do you want to be with me?" His eyes were serious.

"What...like boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"Yeah, we can work with that for the time being."

"Then yes, I would love to be your girlfriend." He kissed me softly while smiling.

My heart was thumping against my chest and butterflies were dancing in my tummy. It felt like every time we kissed, it was different than the times before that. My knees would wobble and I'd need him to hold me so that I wouldn't fall.

"I want to take you somewhere." He brushed my hair away from my face.

"Where?" I asked.

"It's a surprise."

***

What does "surprise" mean? How do I know what to wear? I was pacing back and forth in the room after Tristan refused to tell me where we were going. I probably shouldn't be stressing that much over it, but I was.

"Nessa?"

"You're going to ask me what to wear...where are you going?" This girl...how the fuck did she know? Whatever, not the time.