Chapter 8

I called Nessa and told her about the situation, and she freaked out

I called Nessa and told her about the situation, and she freaked out. She said that she would send me the "perfect dress", but she's out of town right now, so she won't be able to come. I was so nervous about going; this place is going to be full of actors, models, millionaires and politicians. Basically everything that I'm not. What if I embarrass myself? Are they going to find out I'm pregnant? Why did I agree to this? The event is in 6 hours, so I still have time.

***

I don't have time. How did time fly so fast? The dress was delivered fifteen minutes ago, and I haven't even looked at it yet. Two hours are left, and I haven't done anything other than take a shower and shave. I was pacing back and forth in my room. Normally, Nessa would help me in these kinds of situations, but she's not here right now. I pressed the button that was connected to Nia's device and two minutes later she was here.

"Do you need my help?" She said after opening the door.

"Yes, please." I dragged her inside.

I did my makeup while she curled my hair. I went with light makeup, but added a smokey eye and dark, red lipstick. When I took a peek at the dress, I knew exactly what it was. It was "that" dress; the one that Nessa was working on yesterday.

"Here you go." Nia said when she was done with my hair. It actually looked so good; it was looking shiny and the curls were wide, just as I liked it. Now, it was time for the dress. I put it on and she helped me with the zipper. The dress fit like a glove. I looked at myself in the mirror and I couldn't recognize myself. I've never looked so elegant. The red lipstick with the wine red color of the dress matched perfectly. The slit was to a perfect height, showing my freshly shaved leg, and my hair rested on my shoulders due to the dress being off-shoulder. It didn't show too much skin, so I figured it was really "the perfect dress" for me. I'm gonna have to thank Nessa for this one; I never doubted her talent.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Dress reference :)