Chapter 44

T R I S T A N

Acting, huh?

That kiss made me ascend to heaven and come back down, flying. It made my blood so hot I had to internally control myself to avoid any embarrassment. The feel of her lips alone was enough to make me come like a fucking 13 year old in his pants.

And she's calling it acting. Fucking bullshit. I knew she felt it too. I still remembered her body language. How she molds into me uncontrollably. How her movements slow down because it's intoxicating her senses. Nobody can fake these things.

Or maybe it's just my four-year-sexually-pained-self that thinks that.

Fucking A.

I haven't been able to be with any other woman after being with Vera. Not that I wanted but even if I wanted, I couldn't. I figured that after years of attempted flirting from most of the mothers of my team. They are a friendly bunch to say the least. However, I pictured her giving me those little smiles, touching me with her soft fingers, laughing with me. Her.

I've been fucking my hand for as long as my mind stretches back.

That kiss...

Its effect was amplified due to the denial that I've been in for a while. Waiting for her. Wanting her. Needing her fucking touch to put me out of my painfully pathetic misery.

Vera.

"That's a low blow, Farrow. You're benched for the rest of the game!" I told Ollie Farrow, a fucking genius kid, but a sickeningly aggressive one.

"You okay, 22?" I asked the new kid who was a victim of Farrow's elbow a few seconds ago.

"Yeah, I'm fine, coach." He lifted his hand, thumb up.

"Good, go on." I blew threw my whistle, my eyes settling on a scene at the bleachers.

Vera was talking to Dani, before a hand dropped on her shoulder. Brendan fucking Dallas. The single-dad. She looked up to him and extended her hand. He took her hand between his two hands. He's flirting with her.

For fucking fuck's sake.

I immediately look at my watch while cursing Stella in my head for convincing her to sit there and not closer to me. Still 10 mins for practice to end. I muffle a groan in frustration and cross my arms, briefly looking at the boys before directing my eyes to the bleachers.

He's fucking sitting down next to her.

Fuck it.

"10 minutes left are break, boys. See you Monday." I whistle, ignoring the confused look of every boy on my team and heading to the office to grab my stuff. I've never fucking given a minute break over the five of halftime. That was a first.

I ascend the steps leading to my girls' row with a killer instinct hotter than the deepest parts of hell.

"Oh really? I'd love to do that." Vera's laugh was both music and pins to my ear. She was laughing...because of him.

"Do what, love?" I reached them, towering over Brenden even when he stood up.

"Tristan." Brendan said, clipped, for obvious reasons.

"Brendan," I clapped on his shoulder a little rougher than his on Vera's shoulder, "Thanks for saving my seat for me." I smiled at him before plopping down next to Vera.

"Hey, stranger." I pecked her on the cheek, not yet recovering from her earlier claim of us acting.

I was pissed.

"Daddy!" Dani jumped on my lap.

I laughed, my heart already free of any bad emotions because of her. She had that effect on me. Utter joy.

"Hello, sweetness." I adjusted her on my lap so she wouldn't crush my dick. I've had problems with her sudden bursts of energy and affection but I'd sacrifice anything for this girl.

"It was nice to meet you, Nora." Brendan opted for a second handshake but I held his hand before Vera could.

"Always a pleasure, Brendan." I gave him my best smile and winked at him before making myself comfortable in the seat.

"Nice to meet you, Brendan." Vera waved at him.

"I'll call you soon." He replied before waving to Dani and walking down the steps.

"Call him, huh?" I clenched my jaw, looking at her in question.

"Mr Brendan was telling mommy about how good her snacks tasted," I choked on my own fucking saliva, "He asked her to do some the next time for Caleb."

"He did, didn't he?" I bit my lip in a snarl and narrowed my eyes at Vera.

"What?" She said, annoyed.

She was annoyed.

"I'm making the freaking snacks." I growled, censored and all.

"I know how to cook, Tristan." She crossed her arms.

"Well, too bad," I picked Dani up, taking Vera's bag on the other arm, "I'm still making them."

I was actually like a little bitch, I figured. Did I give a fuck? The answer is No. No, I don't.

"He asked me to make the same snacks that I already did." She followed me as I was walking with my back to her.

She sounded cute for fuck's sake. I had to hide my smile.

"Are you fighting?" Dani whispered in my ear.

"No, baby. It's just a heated conversation." I kissed her nose, earning a relieved smile in return.

I had to be careful around Dani because she's in a vulnerable state right now having her parents close to her together for the first time.

"I can't hear you, Vera." I yelled over my shoulder, earning a huff out of her.

See? Cute.

"Tristan, wait!"

Oh shit.