Chapter 42

T R I S T A N

I was losing my fucking mind.

1. If I didn't know whether there was someone in her life or not, I will most certainly die.

2. I was two seconds and a thread of self control away from taking that fucking gorgeous mouth between my lips and tasting her.

Due to neither of those things being solved, I was fucking losing my goddamn fucking mind.

"Answer me, Vera." I was fairly aware my voice came out laced with despair and every other feeling that I controlled physically.

"Is this for Dani?" She swallowed, looking up at me.

Was I asking to make sure my daughter was safe? I would keep her safe if my life depended on it and I vowed to cause her not an ounce of pain the second my eyes laid on her sweet face.

But did I think of her when I asked Vera that question?

"No, it's not for Dani." I surprised myself with my honesty, but I wasn't going to take it back.

"Why? What are you going to do if I was?" Her voice was breathless, her body reacting to me the same way still.

What are you going to do if she was, Tristan?

"Meet them for a drink and have a few words." I said, smiling innocently. Dislocate their head from their body or bury them ten feet under the ground was what I didn't say.

I wasn't going to. That was reckless, illegal and my father. Since Dani came into my life, I became another person. That didn't mean I won't picture their head dislocated from their body to feel better though.

Vera removed her hand from behind her back, fisted my shirt and pulled me down in a swift second.

My dick twitched at her touch as she mimicked the same move I did on her, only she was pulling me down to bring her lips to my ear.

"I'm not yours anymore. You will not scare away men from me because I belong to you. I don't. And for the record, who I'm fucking is not anyone's fucking business but it sure as hell is. not. yours." She pushed me back, her face changing from the feisty woman who just said those words to a shocked on after seeing my genuine smile.

I thought she was even sexier.

I wanted to take her right against this wall.

"God, I missed you." I sigh, dropping my head with a relieved smile.

She was right here.

"Don't." Her voice was a whisper, almost pained. I loved hearing her voice. Could live off of it and be immortal. But I hated that pain. I hated that I was the cause of that even more.

I wanted nothing more than to take it away. To fix everything. To have her back if she'd let me. If only she'd let me...I'd be anything and everything she wanted. I wasn't sure if she even wanted me anymore.

"Did you ever miss me?" I looked up again, peering into her eyes and trying to read her.

Her eyes closed, her throat bobbing as she swallowed.