thirty seven

•y/n

"We're dating." He stated, making my jaw dropped.

I was literally giving him my 'could-you-repeat-that?' look.

"B-bwo?!!" I dropped the tea and stared at the boy in huge shock.
"Y-You mean that, Nancy?!! Joshua's g-girlfriend?!! S-since when?! H-how?!"

"Since.....I joined the acting class."
"H-huh?"
"Yah. I was just kidding. We just met." Jaemin smiled, feeling a little proud that he managed to prank me.
"Wah....can't believe you fall for that."
"Yah! Don't do that. I thought you'd actually date that annoying mosquito."

"Me? Dating Nancy?! Pffft!! Who would want to be with that bitch?"
"Tch. True."

"So..what are you doing here?" Jaemin asked while picking up the plastic bottle.
"I came here with Joshua."
"Then where is he?"
"In a meeting."
"Ah..geureokuna.." the boy nodded slowly.

"Hmm? Isn't that him?" Jaemin nods his head towards the building behind me.
"Who?" I slowly turned and saw Joshua staring at the both of us, from his office balcony.
"Didn't you say he had a meeting?"
"I don't know. He probably escaped."
"Tch. That sounds like him."

"Whatever, I wanna go meet halmeoni." I sighed and walked away.
"Yah! Want a lift?" Jaemin followed after me.
"It's fine. I'll go alone."
"But halmeoni's flower shop is-"

"Seoul is not poor, you know. There are lots of public transportations here."
"I know but you sure?"
"Yeah..see you later, Nana." I waved and walked away.

"Did you just call me Nana?!!" The boy yelled.
"I don't know. Did I?!" I yelled back.
______________________________

While waiting for the bus at the bus stop, a group of guys walk up to me and started flirting.
"Annyeong. Are you alone?"

I kept a straight face and continued scrolling down my phone.
"Yah..namja chingu isseoyo?" One of the boys asked, leaning against the lamp post.

"Leave me alone." I put my phone down and got up.
"Wae?" All five of them started walking closer, giving me a wide grin.
"I'll call the police!"
"No you won't." The boy grabbed my phone and threw it at the main road.

"Yah! Are you insane?!!" I gasped and the boy immediately held both my wrist. His eyes lit up  when he saw my wedding ring.

"Oh? Looks like she's married." He gripped my wrist tighter while taking out the wedding ring.
"Let me go!"
"We will, if you give this to us. This ain't no ordinary ring, you know.." Then boy showed me my ring.
"Just take it." I answered without hesitation.
"Hmm? That was easy-" 

Without second thoughts, I pushed the boy away and ran as fast as possible. Unfortunately, they were chasing after me.
"Ah, jinjja! Why me?!!" I kept running till I accidentally tripped and fell right on top of someone.

"Ow..." I groaned and gently massage my back.

"There she is!"
"Aish!" I immediately got up and continued running, without even apologising to the person who's literally on the ground.

My legs were starting to get a little tired so I decided to hide behind a bunch of boxes, hoping they couldn't find me here.

"My poor phone..." I whined, still having trouble breathing.

Not long after, the gang of thugs started running passed me. I quickly shut my mouth then slowly peaked to check if they're still there.

"Oh Thank goodness, they're gone.." I squat down and sighed in relief.
"But my poor phone...." I sobbed while resting my forehead on my knees.

I'm sorry but I care about my phone more than that stupid damn ring. That dude literally just threw my phone away.

"Yah, Eun Y/n! Are you okay?!" A familiar voice called out. I looked up with tears on my eyes and saw Wonwoo running towards me.
"Wonwoo oppa?"
"Why are they chasing  after you? Are you hurt?" He had a concern look on written on his face.

"They t-threw my phone away!!" I bawled while pulling him into a hug.
"You want a new one? I'll buy it for you."
"It's fine...I'll buy it myself-But wait, how'd you know they were chasing after me?" I broke the hug and stared at the boy.

"You literally tripped and fell right on top of me, then later after that I saw them chasing after you."
"Ah....t-that was you....m-mian..." I lowered down my head while wiping my tears.

"Yah...you're bleeding." Wonwoo pointed at my left knee.
"It's fine-"
"Get up." He held my hand and walk us to his car.

The boy told me to sit on the passenger seat while he searched for the ointments in the drawer.

"This might hurt a little." Wonwoo warned before applying the alcohol on my injury. I didn't react to the pain cause I was still busy staring out the window.

After he placed a bandage on my knee, he snapped me out of my thoughts and gave me one steamed bun.
"Stop thinking about that phone and eat. I know you didn't eat breakfast this morning."
"Thanks but can you do me a favour?"
"What is it?"
"Can you give me a ride to halmeoni's flower shop?"

Wonwoo didn't replied. Instead, he started the engine and drove us there.

_______________________________

"Thanks..oh and uh...can you wait here, for a while? There's something I want to give you." I said before running into the shop.

"Halmeoni..I'm back!" I yelled while walking to the kitchen to grab some snacks for Wonwoo, as a 'Thank You'.
"Halmeoni, where's Yeji?" I asked but still no response from her.

It weird cause she would never leave the shop open like this.

"Yah..halmeoni-" a smile was formed on my lips when I immediately saw a huge bowl of jajjangmyeon on the kitchen counter. It was so obvious that halmeoni made it since she left the wok on the sink.

My mouth watered just by looking at it but I have to wait for halmeoni cause she's literally went missing.

I washed my hands and was about to walk out of the kitchen but accidentally kicked something which made me stumble forwards.

I looked down and saw halmeoni laying down on the floor.

"G-gapjagiya!! Ah-Halmeoni! Did you fell asleep?!" I got on my knees and shook the older's body.

"Yah..irreona..." I tried again and even more harder than just now but still no response.

"Halmeoni! T-this isn't funny!! Stop joking around!! Ppali irreona!!"

Cold sweats was forming on my forehead as my anxieties started to kick in. I quickly checked her pulse but to find out that she's not breathing.

"No...Not you too...y-you're not leaving me, are you?...." I held her and gave her a hug, hoping that this isn't real.

"Halmeoni!! Irreona!!!" I let out a sorrow scream, as I tightened the hug.

Wonwoo who heard me came in and stood there in shock.
"What h-happened?"

To be continued.....

Sorry if there are so many grammatical errors here. But hope you guys enjoy reading❤️