thirty eight

•y/n

Halmeoni was immediately sent to the emergency room. I was nervously standing beside Wonwoo.

The doctor did everything he could to help, but unfortunately it was too late. She couldn't be saved.

"Jeoseonghamnida....there's nothing we could do." The doctor sighed, then slowly backed away with his head hung low.
"B-bwo?" I rushed towards halmeoni and saw she was covered in white a cloth.

"Halmeoni..." I sobbed as I slowly uncover the white cloth from her face.

She looked as if she was sleeping peacefully but the lifeless expression on her face, made me realised that she's not going to breathe again.

"Why do you have to keep it from me? You should've told me that you were sick...I can help you if you just tell me that you had a weak heart..." I held her hand and gently kissed it.

Wonwoo tapped my shoulder and said,
"Y/n, Yeji and your parents are here, along with Joshua's parents.." I quickly turned to the front door.

Mrs Hong walked in and gave me a hug,
"Honey, I'm so sorry..."

"Where's Joshua? Why is he not with you? Did you call him?"
"She did but he didn't answered." Wonwoo said and the older shook her head in disappointment.

"E-eomma..?" My mother stood in front of the door, both hands covering her mouth. The woman walked closer and stared at halmeoni with tears in her eyes. She was about to touch her face but I stood up and stopped her.
"Hajima."

"You shouldn't have come here." I gripped my mother's wrist and pulled her out of the room.

"Now you regret it? You should've apologised when halmeoni was still alive."
"Y/n, not now...we're in a hospital." Wonwoo grabbed my arm but I pulled away.
"Why didn't you pick up? The last person she called was you. If you just answered the call, she wouldn't-"

"Yah..Geumanhae (that's enough).." Wonwoo tried to hold me back.
"She may look like she doesn't care but she still loves you...Yah,why are you so cruel to her?Why are you doing this to halmeoni? To us?" I paused.

"My life was already messed up ever since I got married. Do you think I enjoyed my married life?! That honeymoon is nothing but a huge waste of my time!" I paused for a while then turned to Mrs Hong.
"Eomeonim...what's the point of going to Jeju when all Joshua did was cheating on me with Nancy? He loves his girlfriend more than me."

"What are you talking about, y/n? Joshua wouldn't do such thing-"
"He wanted a divorce.He told me that last night, after he had dinner with Nancy...somehow, it felt like he didn't really mean it.."

"But not until he asked me to make it like I wanted to divorce him..."
"Is that why you came to my office this morning?" MrHong asked, in a serious tone and I nodded, slowly.
"I'm sorry..y/n. I should've known."

"It's fine, abeoji. I did something wrong as well..he's not the only one's who's guilty of something."

The older sighed before dialling his son's number.

_____________________________

Joshua

It was almost 11pm and I've got five miss calls from Y/n. I purposely didn't picked up.

"I wonder why did she call me? I bet she can't bring herself to tell abeoji about getting a divorce." I scoffed while turning the chair around.

Besides, I like messing around with her. Her reactions are worth it. Especially when she's mad. Tch.

Then out of the blue, my father's name popped out on my phone screen, making my whole body stood up straight.

In an instant, I answered the call,
"A-abeoji?"
"Joshua Hong. Where are you right now?" He asked in a very deep and serious tone.
"In my office. W-Wae?"
"Go to the hospital, immediately." He stressed the word, 'immediately' before hanging up.

"Did something happened?" I asked myself before grabbing my car keys.

•hospital

"Why are you not by her side? You're her husband." My mother lectured, while folding her arms.
"Jeosonghamnida...." I kept on apologising, with my head hung low. It's been a very long time getting a lecture from my mother.

"Yah..are you crazy?! Didn't I told you to break up with Nancy! That girl is not good for you!"
"W-what? I d-did broke up with-"
"Stop lying to me. Y/n told us everything." My father glared and I stood there, speechless.

She did what?! Did she forget about our deal?!

"We won't allow you getting a divorce."
"Eomma-"
"End of discussion! Now Go take your wife home. She needs some rest."

Not long after, the door sled open, revealing y/n and Wonwoo. Her face was so pale and her eyes were very swollen.

Did she cry? Tch. Nice acting, y/n.

"Shua, bring her home." My father ordered.
"Wae? She can take the bus-"
"Hong Jisoo!! What is wrong with you?!"

I quietly scoffed and walked towards the girl.  "You're dead after this." I whispered and was about to put my jacket around her but she pushed me away.
"Don't touch me. I'll wait at the car."

She walked passed by me and I ran after her.
"Where did you park your car?" Y/n asked, expressionless.

"Wahhh...you really should be an actress, y/n. Crying right in front of my parents while exposing my secret? Do you know that you just got yourself in huge trouble? You just broke our freaking deal!" I gripped her shoulders and forced her to face me.

"Let me go..." she said weakly, with her head hung low.
"Or what? You're gonna tell your grandmother next? Go! Tell her! I don't care. We're getting a divorce anyways."
"I c-can't." The girl bit her lips, as if she was trying to hold in her tears.

"Wae? You're guilty?"
"I wanna go home."
"We're not done yet!" I yelled while grabbing her wrist.
"Can we just go home?!" She cried out.
"Why not go to halmeoni's and tell her everything?! You're good at betraying-"

"Yah, Hong Jisoo!"
"What?!"
"You're the worst.." She gritted her teeth, before wiping her tears off her face.

"Now move, I'll just take the bus." Y/n pushed my chest and walked away,sobbing loudly.

"Yah! Ah..jinjja." I ruffled my hair in frustration while watching her slowly leave.

Then out of nowhere, Wonwoo came up to me and gave a tight slap.
"Neo michyeosseo?! (Are you crazy?!)" I glared at the boy.
"That girl just lost her grandmother and that's how you treat her?! Can't you give that girl some respect?!" He yelled, gripping my collar.

"B-bwo?"
"If you don't like y/n then can you at least pretend like you do?! You're one dumb idiot, Joshua. She's been through a lot ever since you came up into her life."

"You know how much she loves her grandmother..." Wonwoo let go of my collar and gave me a strong, cold glare.

"If she's not your wife, I could've just stole her from you." And with that, he walked away, knocking my shoulder.

To be continued....