thirty nine

•y/n

I've been walking for hours now, and I don't even know where I was going.

With a heavy sigh, I sat at the bus stop and stared blankly at the road.

I was busy in my thoughts till,

"Hello? Excuse me?" An older woman, around her 50s, came to me and waved her hand to grab my attention. I slowly turned to her and bowed my head.
"N-nae.." 

"Are you aware that it's already 11:45. There aren't any busses after 11pm ." The older gave me a pity look.
"Kwenchana..I'll just wait for a taxi."
"It'll take forever my dear. Taxis rarely pass through this road."

I kept quiet and just gave the elder a short smile.

"Need a ride home?" She asked kindly while raising her brows.
"It's fine..I'll-"

That's when a loud honk interrupted. I turned my head and saw Joshua's car, parked right in front of the bus stop.

The boy wind down his car window and told me to get in.
"Get in."

"Who's that, dear? Namchin?" The woman asked and before I could answer her, Joshua immediately got out of the car,
"Let's go home. It's getting late." he held my wrist and bowed towards the elder.

"Don't touch me." I pulled his hand away from me and got inside.

•joshua

Surprisingly, y/n sat at the back seat and not the front seat.

Is she that mad?

Yah! Paboya! You're the one who made her feel this way. This is definitely all your fault.

With a defeated sigh, I got in the car and take a small peek at the girl.

I should apologise.

"Y/n-"
"I didn't mean to expose your relationship with Nancy. It just came out." She cut me off.
"Listen-"
"I've already told your parents about the divorce. So don't worry about it."

"Can you just let me speak?!!" I yelled while turning my body to face the girl. She was quiet for a moment before she started to apologise all of a sudden,
"m-mian..it's all my fault.." she lowered down her head, playing with her fingers.

"How is this all your fault?!"

Then y/n started to sob while mumbling,
"If only I was t-there before she d-died.." 

"Aish.." Out of frustration, I started the engine and immediately us drove home.

home

I got out of the car and went to open the door for y/n.
"Ppali..irreona. It's late."

The girl didn't even budge. She just stayed there, staring at her thighs.

I sighed and sat right beside her.
"Kwenchana?" I asked softly, waiting for her to at least yell back at me. But instead, she just cried her heart out.
"I miss her..."

The whole car was filled with her sobs. I didn't know how to react because I'm terrible at coaxing people. The only thing I could do for her is to say that I'm sorry. Because its all my fault.

"Mianhae..." Slowly, I pulled her into a hug and rested my head on hers.

Why is it so painful to see her like this?

______________________________

•three days later

I was busy with my paperworks till Nancy walked into my office with a cup of warm tea.