twenty five

•y/n

Joshua was still sleeping soundly on the couch so I didn't want to wake him up, to drag him to the convenience store.

And..that's why I DRAGGED Dokyeom instead.

Both bestie and I were happily munching our steamed bun, until a small young child ran to the fridge to get the banana milk. Her chubby lil' legs were jumping up and down, as she was struggling to grab the milk that was literally impossible for her to reach.

I felt bad for her so I went to help the little girl.
"Hey there, kiddo. Need a hand?" I chuckled while pinching her soft tofu cheeks.
"Nae! Can you please get that banana milk for me? It's too high up!"

I nodded my head and grabbed the milk for  the little girl.
"Gumawo, eonnie-ya!" The younger cheered in excitement, then hopped towards the cashier while counting  some random numbers.

After she was done paying, I brought her to sit with me and Dokyeom. I mean, why not?
"Aigoo..kiyowo! What's your name?" Dokyeom's eyes squinted while he pinched the little girl's cheek.
"Chae Minnie. But eomma calls me Nini."

"Nini~ kiyowo!" My bestie smiled as he brushed Nini's hair.
"Are you trying to kidnap me?" The younger asked, innocently then both Dokyeom and I laughed.
"No we're not. We're chingu!"

"Chingu?! Wah..I've never had a chingu before!" Nini giggled while poking the straw in her milk.
"Hmm? Don't you have kindergarten friends?" I asked.
"No..Nobody wants to befriend with me. They say I'm a total freak." The younger lowered her head and pouted her pink lips.

"Well, today's your lucky day! You've already made two friends!" Dokyeom cupped Nini's face and flashed her a wide smile.
"Yeayy!! Gumawo!"
"You're welc-" he was cut off by a sudden phone call from Joshua.

I excused myself and answered the call.
"Y/n?! Yah! Where the hell are you?!" Joshua yelled in concern.
"Whoah, Chill...I'm at the convenience store, having breakfast with Dokyeom."
"Without telling me, first?"
"Well...actually I was going to, but you seemed to be in very deep sleep so I ignored your existence and left."

"You could've just woke me up. We can go together."
"Yeah, but I don't wan-"
"Wait there. I'll be there in 30 minutes."
"O-okay..but do you know which convenience stor- *beep* " and he hung up. Just like that.

"Who's that, eonnie?" Nini asked.
"A burglar." I replied with a snort.
"A burger?! You mean, the one who breaks into people's house and steals candy?!" The younger hid underneath Dokyeom's denim jacket.

"Well, yeah..kinda. Pfft." I scoffed while drinking my hot tea.
"Bad burger! Bad burger! You should call the popo! They'll help you!" Nini scrunched her face and formed a fist.
"Ahahahah! That's a very bad idea, lil' bean. Cause that 'burger' is actually her husband." Dokyeom stated, which made Nini tilted her head in confusion.

"What's a husband? Do they steal candies too? Or maybe worst! They steal candies from babies and put them in huge bins! Burgers are mean..."
"Aniyoo..they're someone special, who's willingly to take care of a woman he loves." Dokyeom explained.
"Ah..I see. So does that mean, eonnie's dustbin is someone special to you?!"

"No, not dustbin. It's husband." Dokyeom giggled.
"Hus..bin..hus..hus-husband! Woow..eonnie has a special someone!!"
"Meh."

"Whoah! He must've missed eonnie so much! You must give him a present! Everyone loves presents!" The younger clapped her hands together before she unzipped her fluffy panda bag pack.

She took out two scissors, two envelopes, a bunch of colour papers, stickers and other kinds of decorations.

I was lowkey amazed at how a small bag pack can fit all those stuff in. She kinda reminds me of Doraemon, though.

"What are you doing?" Dokyeom asked, moving his chair closer to Nini.
"We're gonna make letters and cards! My teacher says that it makes someone happy whenever we give them beautiful letters!" The younger said while glueing the papers together.

She was busy humming to herself as she made a bunny-shaped card. And that's when the most FABULOUS idea popped into my dumb head.

Maybe I should make a 'thank you' card to thank Joshua for last night. That boy literally got his legs swollen, just to find my annoying lil ass in the middle of a freaking thunderstorm.

As a 'KIND-HEARTED' person, I should at least write a short note inside, to you know..make him feel better about himself.

"Eonnie! You should add a poem too!" Nini suggested and I just stared blankly at my card. I'm so terrible at art but at least i did my best.
"What kind of poem?"
"Do you know that Google exists and you can literally just ask whatever you wanna ask?." Dokyeom showed me his google app and I simply rolled my eyes.

"Kwenchana, eonnie-ya.. Nini will help you!" The younger pats my head before grabbing a pencil and wrote a simple 'Thank You ❤️' inside.
"I swear he's gonna throw this away once he opens this." I mumbled.
"Hmm..what about...roses are red, violets are blue, I was hoping that you'll like my red heart too!"

"Pfft!" Dokyeom snorted like a pig and I quickly shot him death glares.

Yes, I know it's as cheesier than two large ass 'pijas'. But who am I to judge? This kid is smarter and more creative than me.
"Thanks, Nini."
"Let me write that for you!" She grabbed my card and wrote the poem in pink marker.

After we're done, Dokyeom insisted on sending Nini back to her apartment. I would actually follow them but since Joshua's coming to pick me up, I had to STAY and WAIT for him.

"Annyeong, Y/n eonnie!! After this I'm gonna find a husband too!! And I want him to look like Dokyeom oopa!!" Nini jumped and waved at me.
"Well, good luck on finding your husband!" I smiled like an idiot while waving her a goodbye.

"Dokyeom oppa! Kajja!!" The little girl clung herself on Dokyeom's leg.

_______________________________

•Joshua

I crossed the road with both hands in my pocket while turning my head left and right.

When I finally reached the convenience store, I immediately ran towards Y/n, who was sitting at one of the plastic tables outside.

Her head hung low so her hair covered her face. I took the plastic chair and sat across her.
"What are you doing here?" The girl asked, without looking up.
"Yah, don't tell me you forgot that I was gonna pick you up." I scoffed in disbelief.

"You did?" She finally faced me with a confused look written on her face. I didn't answer her so I just reply with a soft chuckle.

I leaned back at my chair and noticed she was holding an envelope under folded hands.
"What's that?"
"N-nothing." She muttered, pulling it close to her tummy before shoving it into an inner pocket of her white sweater.

"Hmm, okay. Let's go." I got up from my chair, waiting for her response.
"Go where?"
"Didn't eomma told you?"
"She didn't tell me anything."
"We're forced to join this small talk thingy. Eomma says it's 'fun'." I explained in a boring tone.

"Why?"
"Stop asking questions, Y/n." I rolled my eyes while carrying her down from the plastic table.

To be continued....