forty five

•y/n

"This is your office for the week and if there is anything that you want to ask me, my table is just right next to the resting area." Mrs. Jjang smiled while pointing towards her huge glass table.

"Nae.. Kamsahamnida..." I bowed towards the woman.
"Nah, it's nothing, sweetie. I was just doing my job."

"So, I'll see you during lunch?"
"Uhm..yeah, of course. Kamsahamnida.." I bowed, once more.

"Oh and one more thing. Is there anything that you would like to ask or...uh...need??" The woman asked before stepping out of the office.
"Uhm...no....? Wait-yes!"
"What is it?" Her eyes blinked, waiting for me to give an answer.

"If my hus- I mean, Joshua. If Joshua's here, can you please inform me? I gotta know if he's still alive or had disappeared in a thin air."
"Sure. I'll call you when Mr.Joshua has arrived. Don't worry." Mrs. Jjang chuckled.

"Thank you, Mrs. Jjang.."
"You're welcome, my dear."

After the elder left, I turned around and scanned the whole office.

This room literally smells like lavender and cherries. The owner of this office has great taste to be honest.

With a loud sigh, I placed my handbag on the table and looked outside this huge glass window.

"What a view.." I muttered to myself as I stared at the bright, morning sky.

Not long after, two knocks were heard at the front door. I turned and saw my father-in-law entered with a file in his hands.

"A-abeojji." I bowed 90 degrees to show him my respect.
"Hello, dear. Have you had your breakfast?" The elder asked, giving me a small pat at my left arm.

"Nae."
"That's great! Anyways, have you seen Joshua? Why isn't he here yet?" He lowered his tone, showing that he's a little annoyed that his son hasn't arrived.

And I can't blame him for that.

Cause I'm also quite PISSED at JISOO for leaving me there.

Not to mention that he literally wasted my money and his damn food! AND ITS A STARBUCKS LATTE!! A STAR. BUCKSS. LATTE!!

Starbucks ain't cheap, boy.

Jeez.

"He's probably still busy with Nancy."
"I'm sorry what did you say, dear?"

Well...since Joshua didn't tell me to keep this as a secret, why not just tell everything to his father? Besides, I don't even want to defend him anymore. Tch.

"Joshua wanted to have breakfast together but he suddenly said that he needs to see Nancy at 'I don't know where' store and-"
"So you're saying that he's still seeing that annoying 3-year-old? I thought I've warned him already. Man, that kid is so stubborn."

Pfft. Obviously?

"You know what, it's okay. I'll go talk to him later." The elder sighed then placed a transparent file on my table.
"These are your task. Mrs Park had done half of it before she went for a sick leave. I think it'll be better if you can finish it by today. Cuz tomorrow's gonna be very busy, trust me."

"Nae." I bowed.
"Well, then. Good luck, my dear." And with that, he left after patting my head.

"Wow, Eun Y/n. Great job on exposing Joshua Hong. I'm so very proud of you." I complimented myself before sitting down on my black leather chair.