twenty three

•Joshua

Desperately, I ran to Dokyeom's room and rang his doorbell. I tapped my feet while biting my lips, nervously.

I was hoping that Y/n would be inside with Dokyeom since they're 'best friends'.

Once the door opened, I immediately asked,
"Where's Y/n? Is she with you?"

The younger yawned and scratched his head, giving me his 'do-I-know-him' look.
"You look very familiar..."
"Yah..it's me,Joshua."

"Ah..now I remember. What brings you here? Where's Y/n? Aren't you supposed to be eating pija together?"
"Wait-How did you-never mind that. Is Y/n with you?"
"No. Why? Don't tell me you two fought again?" Dokyeom asked in a serious tone.

"I have no time to explain but did she call you or something?"
"Aniyo..wahh, hyung. This is the first time that you've actually cared for her. I'm impressed."
"No I'm not." I lied before running toward the elevator.

_____________________________

I've searched for her everywhere and even tried dialling her number, but she purposely ignored my calls.

Without giving up yet, I ran to the lobby and asked the staff if they saw Y/n.
"Yeah, I saw her running outside but didn't know where she went to after that. I think you should ask that ahjussi. He might know where." The staff pointed at the ahjussi, who's busy reading his newspaper.

"Kamsahamnida." I bowed my head and ran towards the older.

"Uhm..excuse me? Have you seen this girl?" I asked and showed the ahjussi Y/N's picture. The older placed his newspaper on his lap and frowned his brows.
"Nae! I've seen her, few minutes ago."

"Oh thank goodness. May I know where she went?"
"Uhm..I think she went with her boyfriend."
"Her what? Boyfriend?"
"Could be. Cause they look quite close to each other. What was his name again? Ah! It's something like, Jaemin."

"Ah..I see. That's not her boyfriend." I rolled my eyes and that ahjussi nodded his head.
"Do you know where they went after that?" I continued.
"They went to get ice cream over there." The older pointed towards the mini mart.
"Thank y-"

"So..are you her boyfriend?"
"Husband."
"Ah..I see. You two look quite young."
"Actually she looks older."
"Ani. Your wife is really pretty. And a pretty girl like her shouldn't be crying. Did anything happened between you two?"

"She cried?" I asked, starting to feel more guilty for yelling at her.
"Uh..nae. I'm pretty sure I saw her wiping out her tears while sobbing like a smol child."

"You better treat her right. Marriage ain't a JOKE you know. This is not like mcDonalds, where you get to pick your menu and eat it. No!"

"Look, here boy. Losing a wife is more painful than you think." The older continued while patting my arm.

"Well...I wish you the best. I need to go take my meds cause my wife needs me. Hwaiting." He waved and walked in the lobby.

I bit my lips and quickly crossed the road. As I was about to turn to my right, my eyes widened when I saw hundreds and hundreds of stalls in the hallway. And plus, there were so many people buying stuffs here which probably make it difficult for me to find Y/n.