thirty five

•y/n

"Y/n..what happened during your honeymoon?"
"I-"
"Why didn't you call me when you arrived here?"
"Josh-"
"Do you know how worried we both are?"

"I'm sorry but-"
"This is my third time, postponing my meeting with the chairman, just for your sake. Do you know how stressed I am right now? I-"

"Eomma!! Just stop.... I know how much your job means to you but I am your daughter. Why can't you just ask me how I was doing these past few days? Do you even care about me?"

"Y/n..." my father held my hand and I immediately pulled away.
"If you were so worried about me then why won't you just visit me at Joshua's house like how Mrs Hong did? She treated me more motherly than you do! How-"

"YAH, EUN Y/N!" The older woman got up and glared at me.

"Stop acting like you're the only person in this house who's always right, eomma. Just think about it. Where were you when halmeoni needs you the most? Why did you left her, right after you got married?! Are you going to do the same thing to me?" I clenched the hem of my shirt, while holding in my tears.

My mother just stood there, unable to talk back.

"Look, I really hate it whenever we argue because it's useless....All I want was a mother who's willing to sacrifice her time for her daughter. That's it...Nothing much." I stared at the woman, with tears in my eyes.

"I'm sorry if I've hurt your feelings, eomma...but I gotta go." With that, I grabbed my tote bag and left, after bowing to my father.

I got in my car and immediately drove home.

___________________________
•home

"Noona! You're back!"
"That was quick."
"What did your parents say?"

"Uh...they say lots of stuff..." I replied, with a small chuckle.

"You're not in trouble, right?" Dino asked, worriedly.
"No."
"That's a relief."

"Okay! Now that y/n's back, let's eat dinner!" Mingyu held my hand and dragged me to the dining room.

Everyone was already gathered in the dining room, except Joshua. Why is he in his room the whole day? Is he sick or something?

I frowned my brows and asked the boys,
"Where's Joshua?"
"Ah...Shua hyung. He went out." Hoshi replied.
"To where?"
"We don't know." Seungkwan shrugged while scooping some rice into the  ceramic bowl.

"Isn't it obvious, y/n-ya? He went out to eat with Nancy." Jeonghan rolled his eyes in disgust.

The whole room fell dead silent until Scoups clears his throat and said,
"Leave him be and let's just eat dinner."

I gave him a small bitter smile before taking my seat beside Mingyu.
"Kwenchana....I'm sure he'll fall for you. Besides, you're a nice person, y/n. Even the boys, think so too." The boy held my hand, then scooped a spoonful of bulgogi in my bowl.

"Eat."

I grabbed the chopsticks and ate the fried beef. 

"It's good, right?" Mingyu bragged while wriggling his brows at me. I nodded my head and smiled.

"Yah~Cheer up! Stop thinking about, Shua hyung." Dino nudged my side.
"He's right, you know." Jun nods in agreement.

Honestly, I have no idea why am I feeling this way.. Is it because of my mother or Joshua? I don't know...

______________________________

After I washed the dishes, the boys dragged me to the living room to play the VR. I have no other choice but to joined them.