eight

•y/n

Y/n, why can't you just forget everything about what had happened yesterday? It's embarrassing just to think about it. All I did was humiliate myself right in front of Joshua Hong and his friends.

Like- ugh...

But luckily he didn't recognised me or else that DEMON won't stop teasing me about it. That's what makes him so damn ANNOYING.

"Yah..y/n~ tomorrow's the day~" Yeji squealed while squeezing my arm.
"I'm kinda nervous though.." I shrugged my shoulders while turning to face her.
"Why would you be?"
"I mean like, just imagined if I accidentally stepped on my gown while walking down the aisle?! That would be TERRIBLY EMBARRASSING!"

"And especially right in front of Joshua Hong and his girlfriend, Nancy." I continued.

Yes. His girlfriend is coming to my wedding. I'm not LYING. I saw the invitation card last night. Mrs Hong told me that Joshua invited her so....meh. She even told me that Nancy sounds like an annoying mosquito who follows Joshua around and babbles her mouth, nonstop.

Ugh. I didn't even get to meet her face to face yet but I can feel that's she's REALLY ANNOYING.

"Y/n, chill. If something bad happens to you, I'll always be there to help. Don't worry about it." My best friend patted my head.
"Hmm...thanks but I'm pretty sure that the first thing you're gonna do is LAUGH at me." I scoffed.

"Yeah...you know me so well. I mean, who wouldn't?" Yeji playfully smirked and I rolled my eyes at her.
"But the fact that Joshua invited his girlfriend to our wedding is just- ugh...he's INSANE."
"Oh yeah...that...what was the girl's name, again? Nabbu? Abu? Nanna? Naan-wait, it's Nancy. Pfft. Her name sounds old.Sorry. "

"Yeah, but she's really pretty." I said while plucking out the dead leaves.
"Pfft. So what? She's not Miss Universe or something.. you're prettier. And YOU should be grateful that I called you 'pretty'." Yeji pointed a finger at my face.

I hummed in reply while rechecking the notification on my phone screen. I tapped on my mother's text messages and immediately replied back.

eomma😒

eomma😒
Remember to meet me at MrsHong café or else you're gonna be in big trouble.

you
Nae, eomma..

"I gotta go now. My mother needs me." I said while grabbing my backpack.
"Want me to go with you?" Yeji asked and I shook my head as a 'No'.

"See you tomorrow, halmeoni!" I waved at halmeoni who was busy arranging the sunflowers in the huge vase.
"Hmm..arraso arraso. Do you have enough money with you?" She looked up to me.
"Yeah..I have enough. Don't worry." I said but she ignored me and handed me some money.

"Here."
"Nono..it's okay. Keep it."  I refused.
"Just take it."
"Kwenchanayo...just give it to Yeji."
"JUST take it. I've already given her money." Halmeoni shoved it in my backpack.

"But-"
"No buts, dear. Take it and go meet your mother." She turned and walked into the other room.

_______________________________

at the café

It's been like almost 5 minutes and my mother haven't come yet. I was a little pissed. She told me to be here but where is she? Did she ticked me or something?