forty seven

•y/n

"What are you even doing here, Dino?" Joshua asked the younger, who's sitting awkwardly right in front of us.
"Y-Your mama told me to send this to you." The boy answered, head hung low.

"You should've called me."
"Mianhae, hyung."
"Kwenchana." I patted his knee.
"But-"
"Shh!" I immediately shushed Joshua, making him groaned in annoyance.

"What's inside?" Joshua grabbed the paper bag from the younger.
"I don't know. Probably food."

Joshua took out a metal container and it was filled with homemade japchae.
"Ah..eomma's japchae. I totally forgot about that. Thanks, kid."
"Yah! I'm not a kid anymore. I'm a grownup!"

"Yeah but you're still very slow-witted."
"Uhm, excuse me? No I'm not!" Dino threw a pillow at his hyung before walking towards the front door.

"Where are you going? Aren't you thirsty or something?" I got up from the sofa and stood beside the younger.

He shook his head and smiled,
"Kwenchana. Besides, I gotta go buy Scoups his bagel or else I'll be sleeping outside for the rest of the week. He kept on asking me to run errands for him. It's tiring."
"Who told you to be the youngest?" Joshua snorted at the younger.

"Who told you to be so old?" Dino glared at his hyung then poke out his tongue.
"Yah! How dare you?! I'm not old-" I quickly stopped Joshua from charging towards his younger brother, who literally ran outside the main gate.
"Hey, that's enough. Dude, chill."

The boy stopped then turned to face me with an offended look. I tilted my head in confusion and mouthed, "what?"

"Did you just call me 'dude'?"
"Uh..yeah. So what? It's not like I called you bitch or something." I scoffed and let the boy go.
"Y/n~" He groaned and followed me to the kitchen to keep eomeonim's japchae in the fridge.

"What?"
"You better take that back."
"Take what back? Oh! The japchae?"
"No-ugh...forget it. I'm taking a bath." Joshua rolled his eyes and walked up the stairs in disappointment.

"Bwoya?"

_______________________________

•next day

"Jagiya! Wanna go out on a date after this? We have a few minutes left." That's the first thing Joshua asked, once he entered my office.

I looked up from my computer screen and saw him leaning against the table, waiting for my response.

"Does laying down and sleep for the whole day considered as a date? Cause that's the first thing I want to do right now."

"But I've already booked a table for the both of us."
"Then why'd you have to ask me?"
"I just wanted to see you, that's all." The boy scoffed, raising a brow at me.
"Pfft.. Alright, now that you've seen me, please leave. I've got work to do."

"Promise me that you'll go out with me." He took out his pinky and waited for my response.

"Sure." I shrugged.
"You gotta pinky swear."
"Tsk. Words are enough to keep a promise."
"Actions are more trustworthy."

I sighed and intertwined our pinkies together which made the young boy smiled from ear to ear.

"Okay, now please leave. I gotta finish this."
"Fine..."
"Oh, wait. Before you leave.." I got up from my sit and placed a small peck on his left cheek

"You're welcome."
"One more?" He held the side of his face with an idiotic grin.
"No. One is enough."
"But-"

Joshua was interrupted by a knock on the door. The boy sighed and we turned to see Mrs. Jjang with a nervous look.
"Sorry to interrupt but there's someone here to meet you." The elder respectively pointing towards Joshua.

"Me? Are you sure? You mean right now?"
"Yes."
"Uhm..okay. I'll see you later, I guess." He gave me a peck on the lips before leaving my office.

•Joshua

"She's in your office."
"She? Who?"
"Your girlfriend." Mrs. Jjang rolled her eyes sharply.

"Nancy?" I frowned my brows and entered my office.

The girl was sitting on my sofa while sipping her coffee.
"Oh. You're here." She stood up with a small smile on her lips.
"I thought your mother say you quit your job."
"I did. I just came here to see you."

"Nancy-"
"I'm sorry." She quickly cut my sentence off.
"What?"
"I'm here to tell you that I'm happy for you."
"Uh..huh...okay."
"Oh and here. I bought you a little gift." She handed me a black paper bag.

"A watch?"
"Not just any watch, Josh. It's-"
"A Rolex. I know. You shouldn't have bought it. It's just a waste of money."

Nancy chuckled for a second before walking closer towards me.
"You've got a little something there." She frowned her brows while pointing at my face.

"It's fine, Nancy. But can you please leave? My wife's probably waiting for me right now." I sighed as I checked the time on my watch.
"Just hold still." The girl held my arm and leaned in to clean whatever that was on my face.

"That's enough." With a loud sigh, I gently pushed her and grabbed my car keys.
"Okay, chill. I was just trying to help you look great for your wife." The girl rolled her eyes playfully.

"Bye, Nancy." And with that, I walked out of my office and went straight to Y/N's. However, she wasn't there anymore. The computer was shut off and her belongings weren't there either.

Immediately, I went to the parking space to see if she waited at the car.

And unfortunately, Y/n wasn't there. The first thing that popped up in my head was that she's probably at the cafeteria or something.

Just then, Mrs Jjang who was just walking passed me stopped and told me that she left earlier ago.
"Why didn't she told me?"
"I don't know."

"Aish, that girl." I took out my phone and dialled her number.
"Wae?" The girl answered in annoyance.
"Yah. Where are you? I thought you promised-"
"I just feel so tired all of a sudden. Maybe next time."

"Oh okay. But do you need a ride home?"
"It's fine. I just took the bus."
"You should at least inform me, y/n. I got a little worried-"
"I gotta go. Bye, Joshua."she hung up.

To be continued....

Yeah I know this chapter is a little boring. AGAGAGSGSBAGASD!!

So what do you think will happen to the both of them?🙃

ahahshhSHJAJSHSHWJAAAAAAA!!!
(sorry guys..life is so hard and the only thing I can do rn is scream through my damn phone😌👍🏼)

Anyways, you are LOVED and byeeeee💕