twenty four

•y/n

The reason why I didn't want to eat at this stall because I literally complained everything about what had happened few hours ago, to the owner. And it seems like he hated Joshua for what he did.

Well, who doesn't? Tch. I don't know whether I should be happy cause he DISLIKE Joshua or not.

"Y/n-ya, kwenchana?" Joshua asked, with a concern look on his face.
"N-nae??" I blinked, in confusion.
"Is there anything that's bothering you? You kinda look distracted by something."
"Uh...technically...yes. I-"

"Y/n?! Omo! Why are you still here?!" The shop owner walked towards me and patted my arm.
"Ahjussi!" I laughed awkwardly while signalling Joshua to leave the stall. But that BOY, didn't get my signal. Probably because I'm bad at giving signals.

"Yah, you should head back to the hotel and kick your useless husband out! And getting a DIVORCE would be even WISER! You can't just let him treat you like a piece of trash, Y/n! Come on! Be strong!" The older fumed which made Joshua frowned in confusion.

"Do you know this ahjussi?" He asked, pointing at the older. I slowly nod my head, without making any eye contact with him.

Then, the ahjussi gave Joshua a suspicious look.
"Is this the guy?"
"H-huh? Uh....well...maybe..? But-"

"Ah..jinjja. Yah! You're such a TERRIBLE husband! How dare you treat your wife like that?! SHE WAS JUST TRYING TO CLEAR THE TABLE, TO EAT PIZZA WITH YOU AND YOU LITERALLY JUST YELLED AT HER AS IF SHE TORE THOSE PAPERS APART!! I COULD'VE JUST HIT YOU WITH THIS LEGENDARY WOK IF THIS AHJUSSI CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!" he gripped his wok as he clenched his teeth.

"wah...I really need to see my doctor. I swore I felt my blood pressure rising because of this boy.." the older massage his head while taking a few deep breaths.

Joshua stared at him for a moment before he gave me his, 'what-the-hell-just-happened?' look.
"Yah, you! Not-so-handsome namja. What would you do if your wife falls sick in the middle of the night without no one to take care of her? Do you know how awful her parents would feel? Hah?!"

"Ahjussi,calm down. I'm fine now. You don't have to-"
"No, you're not! I mean, look at you! You're in a mess because of what your 'husband' did! You better tell your parents or I will! What's your mother's phone number? Give it to me!"

"K-kwenchana..you don't need to do that." I got a little flustered because I didn't know what I'm supposed to do.
"Wae?"
"I-I.. can do it tomorrow? And besides, my phone's dead."
"You better do it! Cause this namja right here, doesn't deserve a kind and beautiful angel like you!"

"Now, please excuse me. I need to head back to the kitchen and eat my medicine." The ahjussi nod his head and walked away.

After he left, I avoided looking at Joshua and pinched myself.
"I can't believe you complained everything about me to that scary ahjussi. What if he'd actually hit me with that huge wok?" The boy chuckled while flipping over the menu.

I'd be happy to see that happened. Tch.

"I was alone, okay? I needed someone to talk to. And besides, I was so mad and lonely." I huffed and shot glares at him.
"Look,I'm sorry." Joshua held my cold hands but I immediately pulled away.
"H-hurry up and order something. I'm tired."

______________________________

Steaming bowls of doenjang jjigae filled the room with the salty scent of bean paste. The ahjussi gave me an extra bowl even though I already said I didn't want to.