68

Word got around about M and J's engagement so it wasn't a big surprise anymore when M's belly began to become bigger. She and J maintained the same work schedule of working just during the day, leaving the afternoons and evenings free. They also enjoyed regular weekends together. J set up a private clinic in the Medical Arts building in another city. He commuted between the hospital and the clinic three times a week. M continued to work in the pediatric floor and would regularly conduct seminars on music therapy for the pediatric nursing staff.

J sat on his chair, reading, while M tidied up in the kitchen after dinner. He stood up from his chair, went to the bedroom, came back, tinkered on something he brought back from the room, and soon their home was filled with classical music.

"...hmm..." M bent down from behind J's chair, resting her chin on J's shoulder, her arms crossed on his chest. "...nice..." she hummed into his ear.

"I was reading...expectant mommies shouldn't be stressed so that the pregnancy will not be difficult..." J said as he leaned his head against M's arm.

"Hmm...ang alam ko, it's not been proven..." M said.

"True...but I want YOU to rest and relax...taking care of sick kids isn't an easy task...natatakot nga ako na baka mahawa ka sa kanila..." J looked back at Maine who was 'forced' to straighten up.

"...since they found out that I was pregnant, di nga ako pinapalapit sa mga rooms ng mga bata with contagious diseases and so far, walang batang naka-confine due to measles or German measles..." J pulled M's hand and brought her around so that he could sit and cuddle on his lap.

"That's good...just always remember to wear a mask around the kids...and use gloves...and shempre, wash your hands...sanitize"

"Yes, doc!" M teased as she cradled J's face in her hands and gave him a kiss on the nose. On the counter that separated the kitchen from the living room were some sanitizing wipes, disinfectants, and alcohol. M then rested her head on J's shoulder after picking up the papers J was reading earlier.

"What to expect on the first trimester of pregnancy..." M read the title on the paper.

"I've been reviewing..." J said.

"Hmm...tender, swollen breasts, nausea, increased urination, heartburn, constipation..." M read.

"...Oh no, kawawa naman sina beyonce at bubbles..." J said as he bowed his head so that his face was almost level with M's chest. He moved his hand on M's which were resting to M's thigh with the intent to rub her belly. As he snaked his hand under her loose shirt, J was surprised to feel M's smooth skin instead of the usual the underwear. "...teka..." J said as he lifted M's shirt and peeped. Junjun began to stir in his shorts.

"...nasa bahay lang naman tayo..." M whispered into J's ear, tightening her embrace around his neck.

"...eh paano si Manang?" J whispered back. He discretely moved his hand up M's shirt. Manang was their househelper.

"...pumasok na..."

"Hmm..." J said as he moved his head and began kissing M's upper chest and shoulders. His hands squeezed and fondled beyonce, bubbles, and M's nippies.