12

Because it was summer, both Rj and Nic had no school and were at the park daily – Rj for soccer practices, Nic for choir workshop and rehearsals. After many weeks of seeing and bugging Rj always insisting on parking their bikes near the chapel or him 'suddenly' wandering off in the chapel area, Carlo decided to let his cousin be. They would still see each other anyway during Sunday lunches at the Generals' house and during soccer practices. Besides, Carlo was also 'busy' hanging out with Ashley.

The skies suddenly turned cloudy and the wind blew, making the leaves sway wildly. The people in the park suddenly stopped what they were doing and looked at each other. Without really saying anything, they began to exit the park and headed home.

Being a self-confessed pluviophile, Rj enjoyed the rain especially when sudden showers would happen.

"...J...uwi na ako...ikaw?" Carlo said when thunder rolled in the distance.

"...susunod na ako..." Rj replied.

"...baka kasi abutan tayo..."

"...di yan.." Rj said, looking up at the cloudy sky.

The wind picked up again and a very light drizzle started. Carlo and Rj ran towards their bikes. Carlo was able to immediately unlock his bike and quickly got on and drove off, "...bye!" Carlo shouted as he pedaled fast.

On the other hand, Rj took his sweet time unlocking his bike because he could still hear music from inside the chapel.

"...andyan pa kaya sya?" He wondered as he got up from crouching next to his bike and looked toward the closed chapel door (only one small side door was unlocked).

Rj neared the steps to the chapel doors when the wind blew again. An insect flew toward his direction. He was a self-confessed pluviophile who loved the rain and he had entomophobia (a specific phobia characterized by an excessive or unrealistic fear of one or more classes of insect). Because he was startled with the flying insect while the rain suddenly fell heavily, Rj had no choice but to run inside the chapel. He tried to stifle his screams but all the stomping and quick movements he did as he pushed the heavy chapel door shut behind him, echoed inside the chapel.

---

The people in the workshop also noticed the sudden cloudiness of the sky so Ate Cher decided to end the workshop as soon as they heard the thunder roll again.

"O Meng, ikaw?" Belle asked. They were the only people left in the back room of the chapel.

"May naiwan naman na payong dyan o..." Nic said as she pointed to the cabinet where lost and found items were stored.

"Sigurado ka?" Belle repeated. She was rushing to leave the chapel because the dark building creeped her out.

"Oo...kailangan ko pang ligpitin tong mga to..." Nic said as she continued to organize and store the workshop materials.