9

Rj sat on the steps of the chapel thinking how he would really know and find out the name of the pretty girl he has had the biggest crush on ever since. Inside the chapel, he didn't notice that Nic was also looking at the boy who was sitting on the chapel steps. She had also wanted to find out who he was for the longest time. Belle was of no help because if she found out, she would definitely broadcast it to the whole village. Besides, the boy she always saw at the soccer field was always with Clarice so Nic thought that they were a couple.

"Meng, uwi ka na?" Belle asked when she saw her friend walk toward the main doors of the chapel.

Rj immediately sprang to his feet and walked quickly away from the chapel when he heard her name.

---

"Okay ka lang?" Carlo asked when he saw a very pale Rj approach the bleachers. Rj was still rubbing and clutching his chest.

"Huh?"

"Para kang nakakakita ng multo e. Hapon pa lang o." Carlo said looking up at the afternoon sky. "Ah! Alam ko na! Nakita mo na naman si Clarice no? Tapos, tinakasan mo at tumakbo ka dito..." Carlo teased.

"Dude! Paano ko ba talaga didispatsahin yung isang yun?" Rj said in exasperation as he sat down next to Carlo.

Carlo shrugged his shoulders. "...buti nalang hindi sya mahilig sa soccer..."

"...wala naman atang kahilig-hilig yun sa kahit anong sports e..."

"Pasalamat ka!"

Rj nodded in agreement.

---

"Pa, kelan nga po ulit tayo uuwi sa Bulacan?" Nic asked Papa that late afternoon.

"Di ka ba nasabihan ng Mama mo?"

"Po?"

"Tumawag si Ising..."

"Si Nanang Ising?"

"Oo. Tumawag sya kanina kasi sinabi nga namin na balak nga sana natin umuwi ng Bulacan. Ang kaso, ang laki daw ng sira dun sa bubong at isang kwarto pagkadaan nung huling bagyo. Kailangan munang ipaayos. Eh naisipan na rin namin ni Marian na ipa-renovate yung bahay kaya dito nalang muna tayo sa Maynila habang pinapaayos yun."

"Ah" Nic said. She was 'happy' at the thought of not having to live in the province for now. She had gotten used to the fast pace of city living that 'rustic' living in the province wasn't very appealing to the teenage girl.

---

"...so, hindi kayo uuwi ng Bulacan" Belle confirmed when Nic informed her about the 'good news'

"Hindi. Not for now. Pero, uuwi pa rin sila Mama at Papa dun pag natapos yung bahay."

"Eh ikaw?"

"Hindi muna. Diba may summer concert ang choir? Kailangan paghandaan din yun. I'm sure pag nalaman na nina Mama at Papa na kasama tayo at may solo numbers ako, hindi yon tatanggi na dito lang talaga ako sa village muna..."

"Sabagay. Pero sa end ng summer pa yon. May workshops pa tayo."

"...na KAILANGAN natin attend-an...diba?"

"Ahh oo...oo...kailangan..." Belle replied although she was aware that the first few weeks of the workshops were more for the newer choir members. The old members were expected to be more active during the latter part of the workshops.